Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I wanted only honesty in assesement of pedro.

If you mean i wanted him to be successful and there for years i sure did.

All i ever did was correct wrong assumptions or fake facts.

I would do that for mccall as well though he wouldnt be my choice.

Are you going all Donald Trump on us now Gunslinger? :laugh2:

I just hope that whoever gets the job can unite the fans, maintain discipline in the dressing room and reignite the enthusiasm. I've been bitterly disappointed recently, and not so much at the results, although they can hurt too.

For any player (i.e. Miller) to use an agent in the press in the way he did is completely unacceptable to me. I wouldn't care if that player was Messi. He should have been out of the club. Instead, the club appears to get rid of the manager and then reinstate Miller to the first team. In the short term it appears to have worked because he got the win, however in the medium to long term this sends out all the wrong signals and I really hoped our club was better than that. I think the board needs to take a long hard think about the importance of discipline in a club, because we appear to have lost it. It was always one of those attributes that made us a club of class and respect, and I was always proud of that. Not now!

As for the departure of the manager, I'm also very disappointed. I really wanted it to work with him because he brought many things to the club that I liked and respected. I'd have given him longer but I can understand the board's decision to do something now. For the first time in a very long time, it appeared we had a manager who had a very real and modern system. The players we had (and still have) are skilful enough to play that system, but what it showed is that they lack the toughness which is unfortunately a massive part of the game up here. When teams came for a fight, we didn't have the players who were up for it. In those games, we just didn't earn the right to play football.

Until we find a new manager, I have to be honest and say that I'm struggling to find much to be enusiastic about, and as possibly one of the forum's most optimistic members, I don't know how the majority are feeling now. We can bring in a manager who gets us winning, and that will be fine for a while, but I personally need more than that. I need us to have an identity and an attractive style. Smith won us plenty of trophies, but without Laudrup and Gazza, there was very little by way of exciting play. I like McInnes as a person and for what he's achieved, but I seriously doubt if he can bring what's needed. I know Aberdeen fans are enjoying winning, but there's no way I could watch that 'quality' of football each week.

So, it's now over to the board and staff at the club to deliver. For the first time in a while, I don't know who we are playing next, and I'm not particularly bothered either. I hate feeling this way about my team, but I can't help it. I noticed a few people saying we should take our time to get the right man in. That makes sense, but I can't imagine my enthusiasm returning until such times as we have an interesting appointment to support. Please make it quick!

Stephen Wright used to be the boss of my mate before he got the call out of the blue to come back to Rangers. He asked out of curiosity what in particular impressed them, Rangers response was that they were looking for coaches who know what it means to play for a successful Rangers.

Cool story I know... however that coupled with Lovenkrands, JJ, Novo, Little and Bomber makes me think McInnes is a shoe in.

Bomber is also on record as saying that McInnes out of all the players he played with had the strongest desire to win. (And bomber played with his fair share of winners).

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Stephen Wright used to be the boss of my mate. He got the call out of the blue to come back to Rangers. He asked out of curiosity what in particular impress:”d them, Rangers response was that they were looking for coaches who know what it means to play for a successful Rangers.

Cool story know... however that coupled with Lovenkrands, JJ, Novo, Little and Bomber makes me think McInnes is a shoe in.

Bomber is also on record as saying that McInnes out of all the players he played with had the strongest desire to win. (And bomber played with his fair share of winners).

Ajax went down the 'only old players' thing two seasons ago with van der Sar, Bergkamp and Mark Overmars virtually running the club. They have done nothing but fight since. Bergkamp wanted Marcel Keizer as manager but v/d Sar and overmars wanted a more experienced coach. It has caused in room fighting and friction that intensifies with every defeat.

Ajax went down the 'only old players' thing two seasons ago with van der Sar, Bergkamp and Mark Overmars virtually running the club. They have done nothing but fight since. Bergkamp wanted Marcel Keizer as manager but v/d Sar and overmars wanted a more experienced coach. It has caused in room fighting and friction that intensifies with every defeat.

Only that what doesn't work for one club and various old players of said club needs not to be the same for another. Of course, we still have to wait and see how these people will work along with one another. I'd assume that e.g. Wright will report to Allen much more than to the new gaffer or any assistant. The job of Allen seems to be one of utmost importance here.

As for some other comments above. Most were sure willing to give PC time till x-mas before the season started. Given some poor results, it obviously turned sour for some sooner than expected, but I'm still not sure how much influence from the outside caused his demise, or whether it were indeed solely the game results. It is that same expectations vs realities thing. Bowing out of Europe as early as we did was a shocker (though did anyone really expected us to go till the group stages before the season kicked off?), yet being third in the league in October or bowing out in a League Cup semi-final (again with a little help from the specsavers union) is not the end of the world. A quick look into the record books will show that. And, for that matter, it happened to all our previous managers as well.

Be that as it may, I did find Allen's comments about "due dilligence" a bit curious ... nah, make that strange. For how would that look like? I would assume that any new manager needs to understand what it means to be a Rangers gaffer, on and off the field, the demands and the dangers. Make no mistake, whomever it is, we will sure "give him a few months to make his mark", but if we lose the next couple of OF games and don't make it to the Cup Final, rest assured his stay will be hyper-scrutinized as well.

What we defo need is a far stronger PR representation, preferably pro-active.

Edited by der Berliner

Pedro might have been a nice guy and good tactician? but was showing signs of "dictatorship" which is very decisive.

At the outset I was happy to give him the benefit of doubt but as time went on he had to go.

Team with Miller in on Saturday seemed more united.

Pedro might have been a nice guy and good tactician? but was showing signs of "dictatorship" which is very decisive.

At the outset I was happy to give him the benefit of doubt but as time went on he had to go.

Team with Miller in on Saturday seemed more united.

Maybe so, but go back a few weeks when Miller was playing regularly and check out the groans, moans, and "not being up for it any longer" - comments. I don't mind having him here but he wouldn't be on my starting 11 week in and week out. You do wonder what actually happened between him and PC, if anything. You would hope we'll never know, as the leaks need to stop.

I think the most damning thing about Miller was that he was that he was lauded by the anti-Rangers press with a load of bollocks. You've got to sink pretty low to get the haters on your side as a stick to beat the club with.