Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Moyes is interesting and McLaren terrifying. His Dutch title is a massive outlier in an otherwise under achieving CV.

I'm the opposite: McLaren is interesting -- although I don't think he's quite right -- and Moyes is terrifying!!

Isn't Alex Neil the Preston manager just now and doing pretty well with them? I'd be amazed if he applied for the Rangers job, I might accept it if he was out of work but not whilst in a job and in a position to move up to the EPL next year.

Moyes is interesting and McLaren terrifying. His Dutch title is a massive outlier in an otherwise under achieving CV.

Did McLaren not take Middlesbrough to the UEFA Cup Final?

I'm the opposite: McLaren is interesting -- although I don't think he's quite right -- and Moyes is terrifying!!

McLaren is interesting as a coach, perhaps, although I should worry that his best work is behind him.....well behind him.

Moyes doesn't bear thinking about.

Isn't Alex Neil the Preston manager just now and doing pretty well with them? I'd be amazed if he applied for the Rangers job, I might accept it if he was out of work but not whilst in a job and in a position to move up to the EPL next year.

You have to question his Dutch title and Twenthe are now paying the price for that mismanagement( Chairman not McLaren) just the same as Rangers are. Twenthe were a nod of the head away from not having a football licence and Bankruptcy at the beginning of last season. They are banned from Europe and possibly facing relegation unless Gert-Jan Verbeek their new manager can turn things around.

They will certainly become top fit as that is his method.

You have to question his Dutch title and Twenthe are now paying the price for that mismanagement( Chairman not McLaren) just the same as Rangers are. Twenthe were a nod of the head away from not having a football licence and Bankruptcy at the beginning of last season. They are banned from Europe and possibly facing relegation unless Gert-Jan Verbeek their new manager can turn things around.

They will certainly become top fit as that is his method.

PS unlike the idiots in Scotland the KNVB decided that it was better for Dutch football if Twenthe stayed in the Ere divisie.

It is Steve McClaren we speak about, yes? He'd be readily available, Alex Neil less so. Though the latter sounds intriguing indeed.

EDIT:

Supposedly we've agreed compensation with Aberdeen of 750/800 k IF we make the move for McInnes.

Edited by der Berliner

he was but the wheels seem to have come off recently. I think they've lost the last 5, or certainly not won any of them. he was saying he'd never known a club with so many injuries, so perhaps it is that.

I seem to remember him being a big sellick man. I realise that for some this makes no difference.

Edited by SteveC

he was but the wheels seem to have come off recently. I think they've lost the last 5, or certainly not won any of them. he was saying he'd never known a club with so many injuries, so perhaps it is that.

I seem to remember him being a big sellick man. I realise that for some this makes no difference.

The 14-pager on FF about this is quite clear regarding his supposed allegiances - or what they think they are. He is rather young, but guiding Hamilton to promotion (at 31), then Norwich to the EPL is quite a feat. I'd harbour my doubt that the Board would go with such a young man though.

Similar with McClaren, who seems to be rather ridiculed by the media and various fans (standing with an umbrella at the touchline ... wow!). Vastly experienced over the years, but most of his real successes are some years behind him now. Certainly a distraction from McInnes here, McInnes there.

I think they're both utterly terrifying and the fact they're even mentioned makes me think the support has lost its collective mind.