[FT] Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers (Miller 43, 65; Windass 73)

With Wallace, Dorrans and Alves out I think Murty might well bring in Miller to provide some leadership on the pitch. There are no other obvious candidates for this role and with Murty not knowing the new players that well he may inclined to play safe and include Miller if he considers him fit. Could he possibly be captain?

With Wallace, Dorrans and Alves out I think Murty might well bring in Miller to provide some leadership on the pitch. There are no other obvious candidates for this role and with Murty not knowing the new players that well he may inclined to play safe and include Miller if he considers him fit. Could he possibly be captain?

In some kind of future dystopia, yes.

He probably will but has done nothing this season to justify being back in the team and captain.

r_s, name your choice of captain.

Difficult to say. I think that you need to know players personally to decide that.

I would have been happy enough with Miller in the past.

Miller might be a divisive choice given his differences with the previous manager.

Good luck to Murty and whatever side he picks tomorrow. As an interim, he is (again) on a hiding to nothing, and can only try to make us solid, hard to beat, and try to sneak a couple of wins before the board get their man in.

I hope the board manage to get the job done in under 6 weeks this time and appoint a manager who has a CV worthy of our club.

Another left field gamble that fails will see the anger turn on them.