[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Wilson 14; Windass 63)

If Jacks' was a red card then why is this not?, it hasn't even been mentioned!

Jack was sent off for winning the ball. Was McLean even booked for that tackle on Holt? I'd say there was more malice in that tackle than Jack on May (which wasn't even a feckin tackle).

Jack was sent off for winning the ball. Was McLean even booked for that tackle on Holt? I'd say there was more malice in that tackle than Jack on May (which wasn't even a feckin tackle).

Very poor refereeing. McLean should have been sent off for that - no question. But it doesn't negate the fact that Jack was malicious too for his red card. Anyone that's ever played the game (at any level) knows he did this deliberately, but used the 'excuse' of momentum to try to get away with it. We need to get Jack to change his ways here or he's going to spend a lot of time suspended. I've no problem with our club abusing the system to get the red card rescinded, but I really hope Murty or someone else is privately giving him pelters and a strong warning.

Edited by Gaffer

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. He did follow through deliberately in my opinion and deserved the red card. If it wasn't deliberate, it was still reckless and still a red.

How can passing the ball be reckless? When the ball is there to be played, you don't look all around and take a moment to see if playing it will injure someone coming in late to tackle.

People went on about removing the tackle from behind emasculated the game, but this is ridiculous.

And I must be in a minority that would absolutely not want Scott Brown to be sent off for that. I wish he were that fair.

To me there is a case for a free kick for us given for a late tackle - that the tackler got hurt more as his ankle hit the studs of Jack, makes no difference, he was late, didn't get the ball and got the man.

When I played I would never ever pull out of a what 80/20 ball where I could get a full connection of the ball like that or even a 50/50 - and I would never foul anyone deliberately either, nor pull a shirt, dive etc and all that stuff of cheating wankers. I always played by the rules - hard but fair. And I think that's how Jack played it here.

Very poor refereeing. McLean should have been sent off for that - no question. But it doesn't negate the fact that Jack was malicious too for his red card. Anyone that's ever played the game (at any level) knows he did this deliberately, but used the 'excuse' of momentum to try to get away with it. We need to get Jack to change his ways here or he's going to spend a lot of time suspended. I've no problem with our club abusing the system to get the red card rescinded, but I really hope Murty or someone else is privately giving him pelters and a strong warning.

Disagree mate, the only reason May got injured was because he was late to the challenge, a very weak challenge!

Disagree mate, the only reason May got injured was because he was late to the challenge, a very weak challenge!

Fair enough. We both just saw it differently. As I said earlier though, he's already building a reputation and there are things he can do to remediate that. I just hope he's getting that help and 'advice' from his colleagues. We need him playing and I don't want him suspended for too many games.

Saw something this last week that has not been evident for a while, Rangers players fighting for each other, the team and the Manager.

It's something a new manager hopefully continues, and perhaps a revealing stat.

Last 8 games Rangers 16 points, celtic 18 points not too much of a gap, if we could win or even draw at new year it would be massive.

Have to totally disagree with Gaffer,a deliberate follow through is when the opponents foot/leg is already there,which is not the case here as May came in late from the side,sliding under Jack's boot.

The two other tackles by Aberdeen which have been highlighted are more warranting of punishment as bot these are late and also behind and cowardly,but such is the standard of refereeing by our so called "top officials"that we will be going on and on with this in future games.

It wasn't his momentum that carried him through to May in the way he did. He used the excuse of momentum to try to get away with it.

I have to ask you, after you have followed through on a pass, what do you have left with a straight leg apart from momentum? This is not a two part move like the kick in the face from Brown. Even if it is in any way deliberate, he still only used his momentum. If it wasn't momentum, just what was it? Genuine question.

Maybe you need to watch it again. His follow through is not excessive - 45 degrees max with a straight leg, his natural move is to plant his kicking foot to keep upright but found an ankle and he can't help putting is weight on it due to the natural stride. The ankle bends and gets caught together with the foot for a bit which makes it look like an unnaturally long time at first glance.

Edited by calscot