The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

You can't compare taking an internationalist like John on loan to taking on Goss.

Yes you can - they are both 22.

They have both struggled to hold down a place at their parent club.

The only difference is that John is Welsh and therefore has managed to get some international recognition (2 caps).

GetWestLondon's Phil Spencer wrote that Goss is not suited to Hoops manager Ian Holloway's system.

He wrote : "Goss is very similar in style to the likes of Manchester United's Michael Carrick, but in my opinion these types of players typically do better in teams who dominate possession.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/what-happened-sean-goss-former-719688

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Yes you can - they are both 22.

They have both struggled to hold down a place at their parent club.

The only difference is that John is Welsh and therefore has managed to get some international recognition (2 caps).

One has been good enough to play international football and play a majority of games for an English Premiership team one season, the other has managed 6 first team games for a poor QPR team in his whole career. Hardly the same pedigree.

Hey, I really hope I'm being too negative and he ends up being a star. I'm just a little sceptical.

I see from Wikipedia that he's 9' 1", so perhaps we're looking to use him for set pieces. :D

One has been good enough to play international football and play a majority of games for an English Premiership team one season, the other has managed 6 first team games for a poor QPR team in his whole career. Hardly the same pedigree.

Hey, I really hope I'm being too negative and he ends up being a star. I'm just a little sceptical.

I see from Wikipedia that he's 9' 1", so perhaps we're looking to use him for set pieces. :D

One played for Man United in said premiership as well.

Trust me I am skeptical - but the success of John has led me to believe there are players out there who may have lost their way a little that we can bring in, nurture and possibly profit on.

SEAN Goss says that joining Rangers was a 'no-brainer' after the midfielder penned a loan deal on Wednesday.

The Queens Park Rangers youngster will spend the second half of the season on a temporary deal at Ibrox after failing to make an appearance for the English Championship side so far this term.

Goss, who spent five years at Manchester United as a youth player, penned a three-and-a-half year deal with QPR last January but has made just six appearances at Loftus Road.

Sorry I meant he played for Manchester United who are in the premiership.

I believe he only started against PSG:

He didn't start against PSG. He came on for the last 10 minutes in a non-competitive game.