The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Kieran Wright joins from Rangers

4th January 2018 rovers

GOALKEEPER Kieran Wright has joined Albion Rovers on loan until the end of January.

The highly rated youngster will join up with the League One outfit for his first professional loan away from Ibrox.

Wright currently shares the role of Development Squad stopper with Aidan McAdams and the move will allow him first-team experience at a senior level.

Rovers are currently eight in Scotland’s third tier but just five points separate them from Arbroath in the final play-off spot.

The 17-year-old has had one previous loan to Gala Fairydean Rovers last season in the Lowland League. He has trained with the first-team consistently over the past season.

Thanks to Rangers Fc for the article and picture.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/kieran-wright-heads-loan/

Rovers first choice keeper recently just quit football.

We have an interim manager who has 6 months , it would be madness to sign a load of players that any new manager didnt fancy , we are a shambles off the park just now imho
Director of football? Isnt their job continuity no mater whos in charge of coaching.

Director of football? Isnt their job continuity no mater whos in charge of coaching.
Mark Allen said the final decision rested with the manager though

We have an interim manager who has 6 months , it would be madness to sign a load of players that any new manager didnt fancy , we are a shambles off the park just now imho

Likewise sell players that the interim manager doesn't like but who could do us a turn in the future.

Left flank options (sic!) ... in January:

Defence: Wallace, John, Hodson, Halliday

Midfield: John, Halliday, Dorrans, Kranjcar

Attack: John, Dodoo, Windass, Candeias, O'Halloran, Morelos, Miller

... and as far as I know, we are working on two attacking options in terms of Jones and Murphy.

Ah, yes; I had forgot about those returning.

Makes sense to recall them; they provide more depth in problem areas -- regardless of whether they are any good!

LW (Dodoo) - ST (Morelos/Herrera) - RW (Candeias/MOH)

AM/No.10 (Windass/Kranjcar/Pena)

LM (XXX) - LCM (Holt/Halliday) - RCM (Jack/Barjonas) - RM (XXX)

CDM (McCrorie/Goss)

LB (John/Wallace) - LCB (Wilson/Cardoso) - RCB (Alves/Bates) - RB (Tavernier/Hodson)

GK (Foderingham)

NB: Primary positions used, and I left out Miller and Dorrans because it looks unlikely they'll feature this season.

Edited by Rousseau

I'm not sure what system Murty wants to play, but we are in desperate need of a number 10 if he is going to persist with 4-2-3-1 or the diamond. If Pena goes we don't have anyone to play that position. In those systems, it's THE most important position on the park. However, it's also the hardest and most expensive one to fill. Maybe we have to wait until the summer to plug that almighty gap.

I think we're fine, if not ideal, in the No.10 position: Windass and Kranjcar can play there; as well as Dorrans if he returns this season, or even Holt. We are desperately short out wide, particularly on the left flank.

Ah, yes; I had forgot about those returning.

Makes sense to recall them; they provide more depth in problem areas -- regardless of whether they are any good!

LW (Dodoo) - ST (Morelos/Herrera) - RW (Candeias/MOH)

AM/No.10 (Windass/Kranjcar/Pena)

LM (XXX) - LCM (Holt/Halliday) - RCM (Jack/Barjonas) - RM (XXX)

CDM (McCrorie/Goss)

LB (John/Wallace) - LCB (Wilson/Cardoso) - RCB (Alves/Bates) - RB (Tavernier/Hodson)

GK (Foderingham)

NB: Primary positions used, and I left out Miller and Dorrans because it looks unlikely they'll feature this season.

God I hate to see Hodson's name mentioned in a team. Please let someone take him off our hands. Surely halliday can't be a worse full-back.

I saw somewhere Our back four could be: James Sean Daniel and Declan now that would have turned a few heads in the seventies.:D

I think we're fine, if not ideal, in the No.10 position: Windass and Kranjcar can play there; as well as Dorrans if he returns this season, or even Holt. We are desperately short out wide, particularly on the left flank.

Is the Hyndman thing just fan talk. I know some folk don't rate him, I think he was a bit up and down with us, but there is definitely a player in there and he is only 21, if he gets a consistent run in a team I think he would be good as an advanced playmaker (10) or a box to box midfielder, he is wasting away at Bournmouth, surely they wouldn't stand in the way if someone offered a million.

Kranjcar is finished. Holt does not have the skill to be a number 10 and I don't really see Dorrans in that position to be honest. For me it is Windass and Pena who are the only two candidates. If Pena leaves then that leaves Windass. I agree with the wide man. Maybe bring in someone like Jones from Killie and move Windass into that 10 spot. We really do need a good 10 or second striker though. If we bring in a good striker then Morelos could play around him.