The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Kieran Wright joins from Rangers

4th January 2018 rovers

GOALKEEPER Kieran Wright has joined Albion Rovers on loan until the end of January.

The highly rated youngster will join up with the League One outfit for his first professional loan away from Ibrox.

Wright currently shares the role of Development Squad stopper with Aidan McAdams and the move will allow him first-team experience at a senior level.

Rovers are currently eight in Scotland’s third tier but just five points separate them from Arbroath in the final play-off spot.

The 17-year-old has had one previous loan to Gala Fairydean Rovers last season in the Lowland League. He has trained with the first-team consistently over the past season.

Thanks to Rangers Fc for the article and picture.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/kieran-wright-heads-loan/

Keiran Wright is just a young lad but very highly thought of at the Academy. If only we were as successful at developing outfield players as we are at keepers we would skoosh the league !

Kranjcar is finished. Holt does not have the skill to be a number 10 and I don't really see Dorrans in that position to be honest. For me it is Windass and Pena who are the only two candidates. If Pena leaves then that leaves Windass. I agree with the wide man. Maybe bring in someone like Jones from Killie and move Windass into that 10 spot. We really do need a good 10 or second striker though. If we bring in a good striker then Morelos could play around him.

Can't believe I am agreeing with you pete... Must be a New Year or something :D Happy New Year :D

Jamie Murphy could be Rangers player by end of the day with Brighton winger ready to jet in for medical.

RANGERS could seal a deal for Jamie Murphy by the end of today.

SunSport can reveal an agreement with Brighton to land attacker Murphy is now close.

That could see the former Motherwell frontman jetting into Glasgow for a medical before the day is out.If that goes to plan then Murphy, 28, will put pen to paper on a three-and-a-half year deal.

SunSport first broke news of Gers’ interest in the ex-Sheffield United player back on December 15.Murphy grew up as a Gers fan – and his arrival would see another boyhood supporter added to the Ibrox squad.

He would be Gers’ first permanent deal of the January window after Sean Goss signed on loan from QPR yesterday.

It’s thought it would be Graeme Murty’s first recruit too, with the caretaker boss pushing strongly to land Murphy after director of football Mark Allen led the chase for Goss.

Has everyone went off the idea of Walker as a number 10

I wouldn't be averse to the idea but I think there's Championship clubs sniffing around, which I suspect could price us out of the market.

Suspect he may be an option if he runs down his contract.

And he’s hoping Cruz Azul can thrash out a deal with the Ibrox club.

Caixinha, speaking to Mexican TV, said: “Carlos Pena is a player we are trying to sign. “From my first day in this job, I said we need a holding midfielder and Carlos would be perfect. He is among our possibilities.

“He is a player I tried to sign for Santos Laguna and I brought him to Rangers.“Despite not reaching the levels in Scotland that he reached in Mexico, Carlos is still a wonderful player.“Carlos is someone who won’t make powerful runs forward, but he has a gift to arrive in the box at the right time to score goals.

“In one of my last games in Scotland, he did exactly that and scored two goals in the game.“He’s had to make many sacrifices to get where he is today.“We are happy with my squad, but Carlos would be a very good addition.”

Sun

Edited by ian1964

Caixinha, speaking to Mexican TV, said: “Carlos Pena is a player we are trying to sign. “From my first day in this job, I said we need a holding midfielder and Carlos would be perfect. He is among our possibilities.

“He is a player I tried to sign for Santos Laguna and I brought him to Rangers.“Despite not reaching the levels in Scotland that he reached in Mexico, Carlos is still a wonderful player.“Carlos is someone who won’t make powerful runs forward, but he has a gift to arrive in the box at the right time to score goals.

“In one of my last games in Scotland, he did exactly that and scored two goals in the game.“He’s had to make many sacrifices to get where he is today.“We are happy with my squad, but Carlos would be a very good addition.”

Sun

Give us at least every penny back that we spent on him and you can have him. The guy is certainly not worth any less than he was 6 months ago. Failing that a decent loan fee coupled with 100% of his wages and a loan deal can be done.

Anything less and you are clearly saying you (or perhaps our board) paid far too much for him.

Sun

I think it was revealed on Twitter that the translation was a No.10 ("Enganche"), not a holding midfielder.

Typical Sun.