The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Armstrong was already performing at a higher level than Morgan and it still took him 3 years to establish himself , i dont see anything in Morgan to say he can step up

Doesn't matter. The point is you can't just use Christie and/or Allan as the benchmark for a young player going to Celtic. The lad still has a chance of succeeding - it is a comfort blanket for us to say he will be a failure like the two you mentioned when he has just as much chance of being successful.

Jamie Murphy has said that he would be fulfilling a boyhood dream in signing for Rangers and playing for the team he has always supported.

The Brighton forward arrived in Glasgow on Thursday afternoon to complete a medical ahead of becoming Rangers' second signing of the January transfer window.

Murphy said that he had been aware of the proposed move for "a while" and that there was still some work to be done to finalise the transfer. However, when asked by STV what the main draw for him was in making the switch, he said it was his personal connection to the club that attracted him.

"Obviously it's Rangers," he said. "It's the club I supported as a boy and still support now."

The 28-year-old said that he was impressed with how the team had performed in the first half of the season and was keen to contribute to Graeme Murty in 2018.

"It's been a good season so far," he said. "They're always looking to improve so hopefully I can be a part of that.

"Hopefully we'll get the medical through and then we'll see what happens."

Is Murphy a German name too?!

Signing Goss will allow the likes of Craig and Bluedell to get out their Bros albums and Grolsh bottle tops...

True story.... was in Vegas a couple of years ago with the Mrs... and she begged me to take her to see Matt Goss (he was doing a lounge gig at Caesars Palace) - honestly..... We got there and I had already had a few.... he was singing some old Vegas tunes from Sinatra, Dean, Davis Jr etc... I was heckling him to sing some Bros music (purely because I was bored and half-cut of course) - at the end of the concert the Mrs made me, yes made me.... get our picture taken with him, and proceeded to apologise for my heckling.... and then booted me out of the picture :roflmao:

Snippet of info on Pena snatched from FF

MEXICO -- Carlos Peña will be blue. ESPN confirmed through various sources that the treatment between Cruz Azul and gullit to be new player of the machine is closed.

Would Be between Friday and Saturday when the midfielder trip to close everything with his new team, after closing the 'fringe' that still remained between Rangers, his current club, and cement.

Gullit will come to the Noria on loan for one year, in which there is an option to purchase. In addition, Rangers will pay a portion of their salary.

According to ESPN Sports Race one of the obstacles presented to close faster the treatment was that its representative, El Salvador Necochea, wanted the 20 percent of the loan. The current salary of 'Gullit' would be split between the Scottish and the mexican.

Also in the program that during his stay with the Rangers, Carlos Peña was forbidden to go to nightclubs, drink alcohol and each week we did medical examinations to ensure that there was no alcohol.

Edited by der Berliner

Don't fancy Naismith myself - would prefer Jones.

Also worth noting now we're live again that the Murphy deal seems to be changing to a loan with the option to buy.  Hopefully that will go through soonest.