The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

35 minutes ago, buster. said:

Much more likely.

Anyone know the rule regards number of loans ?

I think this is it but i am not sure.

Subject to
Regulations 64,
a Club shall not:
-
(i)
at any time
have an aggregate of more than four Players
Scottish FA
Registered
with
it on the basis of
Standard Temporary Transfers and
Emergency Temporary Transfers combined;

The names being passed around Twitter -- for what it's worth -- are rather encouraging. If we can get Cummings, Docherty etc., to go with Murphy, it would be a fantastic window. They arguably all improve the first-team, and at the very least they are all young players with a sell-on value that know what it takes to play in this league. It hints at a more focused scouting approach from Allen.

Scotland star Steven Naismith is ready to play for Rangers for FREE until the end of the season to land Ibrox move

Naisy won three league titles, one Scottish Cup and two League Cups during five successful years at the Light Blues

By Gareth Law
7th January 2018, 10:42 pm
Updated: 7th January 2018, 10:55 pm

STEVEN NAISMITH is ready to play for Rangers for FREE.

The Scotland star isn’t wanted by Norwich City, and looks set for a move this month.

The ex-Ibrox ace said last month he would be open to a return to Gers.

Naismith, 31, still has 18 months left to run on his bumper deal at Carrow Road.

But he’s alerted Gers that he would be willing to sacrifice his wages until the end of the season to join them.

Naisy won three league titles, one Scottish Cup and two League Cups during five successful years at Gers.

He quit for Everton in 2012, after opting not to transfer his contact over to Charles Green’s reformed club, as their financial crisis sent Gers tumbling down the divisions.

But Naismith has continued his support for Gers, and talked about his sadness at their plight.

Now he is so willing to help the cash-strapped Ibrox outfit that he has made the biggest gesture he can.

It’s understood Naismith isn’t short of offers either.

SunSport told last week that Kilmarnock were planning a bold move to land him.

There are thought to be other sides north and south of the border prepared to end his Norwich hell.

Naismith signed for the Canaries in an £8.5million deal in January 2016, but couldn’t save Alex Neil’s side from dropping out of the Premier League.

He picked up an injury at the start of this season after being clattered by Scotland team-mate Grant Hanley in training.

Naismith has made only three appearances for Norwich this campaign and is not in boss Daniel Farke’s plans.

The Canaries are now willing to write off their huge outlay on him to save on his salary.

Speaking last month he said: “Would it appeal to go back to Rangers? I think it would.

“The way I left wasn’t great. But I still support Rangers, and I think I could go anywhere and make a difference.

“Fortunately when I come back it’s not going to be about finances.

“It will be about what is the right fit for me. That’s the main thing.”