The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Murphy is potentially a very good signing and exactly what we needed for the left side of our attack.

Ok, some fans may have preferred Morgan from St Mirren but Murphy is more proven and at a supposed £800K represents good value as he reaches the peak of his career.

Murphy is potentially a very good signing and exactly what we needed for the left side of our attack.

Ok, some fans may have preferred Morgan from St Mirren but Murphy is more proven and at a supposed £800K represents good value as he reaches the peak of his career.

Morgan perhaps one for the future and, if we've to make a choice, I guess we need somebody in now. Moreover, Murphy wants to be at Ibrox and it's not clear Morgan does.

Brighton are my English team and I see a reasonable amount of them. He's not really had a sniff in the EPL but was a solid performer in the championship, usually deployed as an impact sub. Might not sound great but other former Brighton squad players have been playing in the EPL regularly at Burnley and Bournemouth. Brighton have just spanked a pot of cash on a Colombian international for that position and already had two of their more important players (Knockaert and March) playing wide. So not that surprising he's not getting much of a run right now.

As with Docherty, Morgan is perhaps just the latest 'prospect' who's name has been flung around; without even seeing them play, we jump on the bandwagon of thinking we need to make a move for them.