The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

2 hours ago, pete said:

I am not sure how that would work out with tax and insurance. Someone would have to pay that. There is no way it is as simple as turn up and play, HMRC will still want his wage set at a appropriate level and tax paid on that.

The only issue would be one of minimum wage, but even if we pay him £20K a year it would be worth it.

So a player who couldn't wait to run out the door to secure his earning power is suddenly all altruistic and wanting to play for nothing? Sorry, I'm not buying one word of this.

11 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Whats the deal with Dalcio, is he here until the end of the season, I thought it was only a 6 moth loan

Its a season long loan for Dalcio, I'm sure.   Am assuming we don't have the option to send him back to Benfica

Naismith would be a welcome addition to a decent pool of players being assembled.

The past is the past and it proved with Wallace that players harbouring an international career/call up had no chance while we were on the "journey".

Seemingly that playing for free is not wholly accurate. He would still be getting half of the wage from Norwich. That still means that we would not be paying for him, but the poor little boy living without a wage is not true. He would still be the highest paid player at the club.

1 minute ago, pete said:

Seemingly that playing for free is not wholly accurate. He would still be getting half of the wage from Norwich. That still means that we would not be paying for him, but the poor little boy living without a wage is not true. He would still be the highest paid player at the club.

It is thought Norwich are happy to let him leave on a free.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Our dignity.  

We lost that in 2012 ,we are where we are and perhaps many of our support need to start realizing neither the team ,club or Scottish football are what they were, even 10 years ago.

Cutting our nose off to spite our face is something we just cannot afford at present.

If Naismith is half the player he was when he left and  willing to play till end of the season for nothing it is a win win for everyone.

It allows him to make a ‘gesture’ to the fans and club and to prove his fitness.

Then in close season our coaching staff can decide if he is worth a paid contract.

I believe if Naismith is anywhere near fully fit he can improve our team he s capable of laying anywhere in the middle or upfront and brings experience having played at the highest level .

He can share that experience with the McRorie, Barjonas, Hardie etc of our club ,it can only make them better assets for Rangers going forward.

Edited by Barrheadboy