The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Ever since the introduction of the transfer windows, rumours and subsequent signings seem to have become less inspiring.  Hardly surprising, given the state of Scottish football and Rangers.  

Apart from Murphy, I'm not excited by anyone mentioned.

17 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

I think i said half as good would make him our best player. Seems a fair statement. 

I think you are doing the other players an injustice. A fit Naismith would make a difference but if he is not fully fit then he will be chasing shadows with the pace of Scottish football.

Kevin McDonald, 1.5m for a player who play in an area where we have ... Jack, Goss, Rossiter, and if pushed McCrorie, Halliday, Holt or even Wilson. How likely is that? Obviously, we may also still snatch Docherty.

David Cotterill ... freebie sounds good, but he's a right winger by trade ("can" play left too) and thus would rival Candeias, O'Halloran and Atakayi for a slot in the team. How likely is that?

Reise Allassani ... secondary / shadow striker who can play on either wing. Where and when did he become a "sensation"? In 21 low-key games this season, he's scored but one goal, no assists et al. I would assume that unless he comes in on a low fee and clicks instantly, we'd have another Rossiter / Nemane / Dalcio scenario that we all crave, don't we?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/reise-allassani/profil/spieler/244122

Edited by der Berliner

Sorry guys, I didnt know Kenny Mac was a bear. My sincere apologies to him, but given the company he is keeping its an easy mistake to make. I looked at who he works for and made an assumption, coupled with the tone and timing of the article. Are there actually 2 Rangers leaning journos at BBC celtic, Kenny and Richard Wilson? Who'da funkit? Funny how they rarely try to write anything positive about the club to balance out all the negative stuff that comes out of there.

He is/was I believe our best attacking midfield option. His knack of turning up late into the box and getting onto the end of things is hard to teach. Yes, he seemed to struggle with the pace and aggression of our game, but I dont believe he got a run of games to fully let him get to the pace of the game, yet his goals return for his limited time involved beats everyone else who has played in that slot by some distance.

If Murty wasnt going to play him, and we use the wages saved to finance good acquisitions, then fair enough.

Cruz Azul chief denies club is paying Carlos Pena’s wages in full

Cruz Azul’s sporting director Eduardo de la Torre has played down claims the Mexican side are paying Carlos Pena’s wages in full.

Reports in Scotland earlier this week suggested that Pedro Caixinha’s new side had agreed to pay all of Pena’s £20,000-a-week salary following his arrival on a year-long loan deal from Rangers.

But de la Torre told a press conference that this wasn’t the case.

“Regarding the salary, the official figures are far from what you have said,” de la Torre told Mexican media.

“Carlos is coming for a year on loan. We do have a [purchase] option at the end of the year,” he confirmed.

Pena jetted out to his homeland earlier this month with a view to completing a 12-month loan deal with the Mexican top flight side that will see him reunited with his former manager at Ibrox.

A £2.2 million arrival from Guadalajara during the summer of 2017, Pena struggled for form at Rangers despite netting five goals for the club.

Despite not featuring straight away, he forced his way into Caixinha’s plans but fell out of favour following the sacking of the Portuguese boss, and failed to consistently make the team under then interim boss Graeme Murty.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/cruz-azul-chief-denies-club-is-paying-carlos-pena-s-wages-in-full-1-4657706/amp?__twitter_impression=true

So he didn't deny they were paying Pena's wages in full.  He just stated the figures mentioned were false - which isn't the same thing.

Scottish sports 'journalists' really are awful.