The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

2 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

You really don't like him, do you? 

I should like to have seen the Club get more out of him, but I think that would have meant seeing more of him.

It is what it is.

Prefer to call a spade a shovel rather than dance between guilt and resentment :D

12 minutes ago, buster. said:

It is what it is.

Prefer to call a spade a shovel rather than dance between guilt and resentment :D

Sorry, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. At all. 

Are you saying that you are not mealy mouthed? 

28 minutes ago, buster. said:

Is that The Moderators on stage ?

:ph34r: 

Craig doesn't look unlike Andy Bell actually and I am a big Erasure fan so happy to be compared to Vince Clarke. :cool:

Oh well; that lasted long...

Burnley's Scott Arfield considered by Brighton, Crystal Palace and West Ham

Burnley midfielder Scott Arfield is attracting interest from Brighton, Crystal Palace and West Ham, according to Sky sources.

The 29-year-old has less than six months remaining on his contract and would be available on a free transfer in the summer.

Sky Sports News understands Burnley have offered Arfield a new deal, but the Canada international is yet to agree fresh terms to stay at Turf Moor.

The trio of clubs are yet to formalise their interest with an offer.

West Ham manager David Moyes is a long-term admirer of Arfield having previously wanted to sign him during his time at Sunderland.

Moyes revealed in December that he was keen on adding to his squad as he attempts to preserve his side's place in the Premier League.

Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson, like Moyes, is eager to strengthen his ranks having lost Jeffrey Schlupp, Andros Townsend, Scott Dann and Jason Puncheon to injury.

Following the Eagles' 2-1 FA Cup third-round defeat to Brighton on Monday, Hodgson admitted he was in the market for six or seven new players, with Arfield understood to be on his shortlist.

Both clubs will also face competition from Brighton.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11202449/burnleys-scott-arfield-considered-by-brighton-crystal-palace-and-west-ham

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Oh well; that lasted long...

He's probably looking at somewhere around a 30K p/wk contract.

Not bad for a lad from Livingston who went down south.

Over about 10 seasons, Arfield has been very consistent.

His application is very apparent :ph34r::D

It strikes me that we're seeing the Walter Smith guide to rebuilding Rangers. Get a core of experienced, better Scottish players, from down south or rival SPFL sides, add some other British players in as well and then supplement with exciting continentals and emerging youngsters. In his 1st transfer window, the January one, he signed Weir, Ehiogu and Kevin Thomson. Then in the summer he signed Naismith, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Dailly, Whittaker, Steven Davis, McCulloch, Beasley, Darchville and Cousin. 

They strengthened a squad already containing Ferguson, Boyd, McGregor, Hutton, Hemdani, Papac, Novo and Adam.  

We don't have the money to do exactly the same thing but guys like Murphy, Docherty, Jones, Kenny McLean and Kevin McDonald along with possibly Naismith, help achieve a similar thing. Supplement that with a couple of wily French players coming to the end of their careers and I'll expect us to make the Europa League final next season.  

PS, whilst I'm in fantasy mode I also want to see us make a move for Steven Davis again. He's got 18 months left on his contract. Contact him now regarding a summer move, offer the captaincy and a future coaching role at Rangers. He's 33 now so he's probably not got another big move left, but I suspect he'll not be short of suiters if Southampton don't offer him a new deal. Davis is the type of player who can play until for another 3 or 4 years easily.