The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

He's 22 and played next to no first team football.

You'd get long odds on him doing well at Ibrox.

You could say the same for Hardie, and many, many, supporters clamour for his promotion to 1st team starter.

Young Sean was, inevitably for a Rangers' acquisition, out for a long time with a major (back) injury.

He is 32 tomorrow and has hit the heights of Wycombe, Peterborough and Norwitch. There are better players in the SPFL.

I actually think Martin is probably one of the better Scotland CBs, but we already have Wilson (who must be close to a call up again), Alves, McCrorie, Bates and Cardoso (has potential).

The 22 year old Goss doesn't seem to have played much first team football at all and never a full 90 minutes.

All I can see is 232 minutes for QPR between Feburary and April last year.

https://uk.soccerway.com/players/sean-richard-goss/317322/

QPR currently lying 17th in the Championship, and he's only good enough to make 6 appearances in the last 18 months?

Hmm. An indication of where we are at the moment?

The signing of Goss is extremely underwhelming, you have to give the young guy a shot but I don't think it adds any value to the squad from what iv read, it is putting guys like Barjonas down the pecking order for someone who by all accounts might be a bit better, and is wages spent on a position that imo should not be priority at the minute, is this guy out of contract at the end of the season and are we looking to take him on loan with a view to offering him a contract if he does well. Its a very Warburton signing, some guy that promised so much and has lost his way a bit so we offer him a path to get his career back on track. I hope this isn't the type of transfer window we are going to get.

QPR currently lying 17th in the Championship, and he's only good enough to make 6 appearances in the last 18 months?

Hmm. An indication of where we are at the moment?

Agreed !

Apparently he's had some fairly bad injury problems that has kept him on the sidelines.

Either-way, it doesn't invite optimism that he'll thrive at Ibrox.

The signing of Goss is extremely underwhelming, you have to give the young guy a shot but I don't think it adds any value to the squad from what iv read, it is putting guys like Barjonas down the pecking order for someone who by all accounts might be a bit better, and is wages spent on a position that imo should not be priority at the minute, is this guy out of contract at the end of the season and are we looking to take him on loan with a view to offering him a contract if he does well. Its a very Warburton signing, some guy that promised so much and has lost his way a bit so we offer him a path to get his career back on track. I hope this isn't the type of transfer window we are going to get.

If this loan happens, we need to look at the state of the squad once our business is done and then make assessments.

I think sometimes we're going to have to take risks in terms of player acquisition. That means taking a chance on potential, with a possible upside which is greater than a safe proven player.

That said, we desperately need proven, fit and consistent performers - this lad fits none of those.