The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

If we persist in bringing in and expecting old but expensive injury prone legs to make a difference in Scottish football Auchenhowie might as well build a retirement home instead of the new stand/facility.

Spot on. But there is a certain type of experienced player that should help the development of others. Their heart has to be in it though.

Can't be true. A Tim on the BBC comments section said Rangers are going into liquidation. And he was backed up by other Tims.

I never even knew there was a BBC comments section. Sounds like just another outlet for non-official anti-Rangers propaganda.

I'm not really convinced of Murphy. He played 35 times last season, but only averaged 53 minutes per game which suggests he came on often or was replaced fairly quickly. In those 35 'appearances' he scored only 2 goals, assisting 3, in a promoted side; rather poor return. He may be a decent attacking option on the left, but I'm not convinced. He might do OK in Scotland, though: he's quick, tricky and direct.

Even Jones and Docherty -- the latter has not really been linked with us, but has been mentioned on Twitter -- have a question mark for me, on whether they can adapt to playing for a 'big' side. Seeing the clips of their goals and assists, they seem to occur when their respective teams break, and where there is a lot of space: when do we get that? I said the same about MOH at the time too.

I agree with the strategy of taking the cream of the crop from Scotland, but I'm reluctant to state, as some are quick to do, that 'these guys will improve our first-team'. Like Halliday, I think they'll be decent squad players, and provide depth in areas in which we're short.

Edited by Rousseau

I'm not really convinced of Murphy. He played 35 times last season, but only averaged 53 minutes per game which suggests he came on often or was replaced fairly quickly. In those 35 'appearances' he scored only 2 goals, assisting 3, in a promoted side; rather poor return. He may be a decent attacking option on the left, but I'm not convinced. He might do OK in Scotland, though: he's quick, tricky and direct.

Even Jones and Docherty -- the latter has not really been linked with us, but has been mentioned on Twitter -- have a question mark for me, on whether they can adapt to playing for a 'big' side. Seeing the clips of their goals and assists, they seem to occur when their respective teams break, and where there is a lot of space: when do we get that? I said the same about MOH at the time too.

I agree with the strategy of taking the cream of the crop from Scotland, but I'm reluctant to state, as some are quick to do, that 'these guys will improve our first-team'. Like Halliday, I think they'll be decent squad players, and provide depth in areas in which we're short.

out the three i have most faith in Murphy, but even then i am not completely convinced.

I like the fact he seems composed when entering the box, he takes a pause before shooting which is something we really fail at. That being said the goal count you put up makes me think he cant be that composed.