The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Norwich City defender Russell Martin has been told that he will not play for the club again.

According to The Times, via Pink’Un, Martin has been told that he will not play for Norwich with head coach Daniel Farke in charge.

Farke clearly values other central defenders at the club over Martin, who has not made a senior appearance for the club since August.

Martin’s last Championship appearance came in Norwich’s 4-0 drubbing away to Millwall at the end of August, with a few matches as a unused substitute since then.

WONDERKID!!!!, pish!, C****c, Sheep & us! after him!, not Barca,Man City!..............................

Who was the big African guy touting himself for rangers a couple of seasons ago, I think he got a trial with Aberdeen and they never bothered with him, the guy became a bit of a parody.

The partnership Martin had with the other anglo at the heart of the Scottish defence was a massive part of the problems Scotland had in keeping clean sheets, I thought both of them were truly awful defenders. Add in the fact he hasn't played a competitive game since August and there is absolutely no point in a half-season loan as it will take him weeks to get to match fitness. We have Alves, Cardoso, Wilson, Bates, McCrorie already at the club so unless we are losing 2 of these, we dont need this position covered by someone who is no better than those we have.

The partnership Martin had with the other anglo at the heart of the Scottish defence was a massive part of the problems Scotland had in keeping clean sheets, I thought both of them were truly awful defenders. Add in the fact he hasn't played a competitive game since August and there is absolutely no point in a half-season loan as it will take him weeks to get to match fitness. We have Alves, Cardoso, Wilson, Bates, McCrorie already at the club so unless we are losing 2 of these, we dont need this position covered by someone who is no better than those we have.

Only thing I would say is that is that he some experience - and success at - playing right back. If we had a defensive minded RB then Tav. could be freed to play right mf.

GERS SWOOP Rangers close in on ex-Manchester United starlet Sean Goss as QPR defender undergoes medical

SunSport can reveal the 22-year-old is on the verge of a agreeing a deal at Ibrox

I honestly can't remember much about Martin, I seen him a couple of times when I went to see Scotland but couldn't tell you what type of player he is, im guessing he isn't a ball playing defender.

He is 32 tomorrow and has hit the heights of Wycombe, Peterborough and Norwitch. There are better players in the SPFL.