The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

I've no way of knowing either way if that is true, but its something I've heard David Edgar say on numerous occasions on the H&H podcasts.

I don't like the idea of a Board over-ruling the management structure either but it is something that happens regularly on the continent, albeit they have a very different culture

1 minute ago, Gazza_8 said:

Anyone else wondering why it's taking so long for someone to sign Naismith? Is this all paper talk? Does anyone actually want him?

His lack of game time and injury history will be having an impact.

Here we go again STV UNDERSTANDS!!!! (that means a lot or nothing) just another fishing article.

Regards dividing the dressing room I don't see how this could be the case as no one,except  maybe Wallace is still around from that time.

7 hours ago, Gazza_8 said:

Anyone else wondering why it's taking so long for someone to sign Naismith? Is this all paper talk? Does anyone actually want him?

Methinks he made it clear in the summer where he would like to go. And Scotland was part of that. He could just as easily sit out his time in England.

Hamilton chairman Ronnie MacDonald said: “A member of my board was contacted by a Rangers official on Friday afternoon to state their interest in Greg.

“He was passed my number if he wanted to take it further and as yet there has been no contact

“I don’t deal in verbals. Unless there is an email waiting for me with an offer which has a figure there is no news. We’ll wait and see what develops but there is obvious interest in Greg.”

--------------

18 days of the window left

Reports say Cardiff are also interested

If we really want him then best to get the offer in

Do we have spare cash to frontload payments ?

West Brom striker Tyler Roberts close to agreeing cut-price summer move to Rangers

Roberts becomes a free agent in the summer and can pen a pre-contract with a club outside England who will only have to shell out £300,000 compensation

WEST BROM kid Tyler Roberts is close to agreeing a switch to Rangers.

The Scottish giants initially made contact with the Baggies last month about taking the forward on loan.

Roberts is out of contract at the end of the season and Rangers can take him north of the border for a set compensation fee of just £300,000.

The teenager has a big decision to make about the next crucial step in his career.

Gers boss Greame Murty has seen a chance of making Roberts a permanent fixture at Ibrox next season by landing one of the brightest prospects in the Football League.

Roberts, 19, is on loan at nearby Walsall in League One until the end of the month and has bagged five goals.

His performances have caught the eye of a host of Championship clubs as well as French giants Marseille.

The Baggies are desperate to tie Roberts down to a new long-term deal, but their failure to do so has opened the door for other potential suitors to snap him up.

The Wales Under-21 star will be closley monitored by new boss Alan Pardew alongside First-team coach Darren Moore who knows Roberts well from his time working in the academy.

To underline his potential, former Wales boss Chris Coleman put Roberts on stand-by for World Cup qualifier against the Republic of Ireland last year.

Sun

Edited by ian1964