The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

All you need to do is c&p the tweet's address (i.e. the content of the location bar) into the editor and it will embed the content automatically mate.  :)

Great, thanks Frankie...

Iv got to say I would have been happy with Martin, Murphy and Docherty to strengthen the squad, but to be getting Cummings and possibly Jones as well, this transfer window will have been a massive success, not forgetting Goss as well, who I thought was a bit of an underwhelming signing, has looked pretty good from what I have seen of him, anyone that signs from now on is a bonus. There is a real feel good factor about the club just now, the florida cup also looks to have been a massive success and the squad look as if they were enjoying themselves and there is a real unity. Hopefully the second half of the season is a success. What do people think our chances are now should we get these guys over the line. Iv got to say if Celtic don't strengthen I can see us running them close. Don't want to start talk of the league title but its difficult not to get excited with everything that's going on at the minute.

53 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Iv got to say I would have been happy with Martin, Murphy and Docherty to strengthen the squad, but to be getting Cummings and possibly Jones as well, this transfer window will have been a massive success, not forgetting Goss as well, who I thought was a bit of an underwhelming signing, has looked pretty good from what I have seen of him, anyone that signs from now on is a bonus. There is a real feel good factor about the club just now, the florida cup also looks to have been a massive success and the squad look as if they were enjoying themselves and there is a real unity. Hopefully the second half of the season is a success. What do people think our chances are now should we get these guys over the line. Iv got to say if Celtic don't strengthen I can see us running them close. Don't want to start talk of the league title but its difficult not to get excited with everything that's going on at the minute.

Personally think we are too far behind in the league to catch them.  I just can't see them being weak enough to drop 11 points more than us.  We would need to win both remaining OF games and that is a big ask.  Hopefully I am wrong on all counts though.

The most pleasing thing about the Florida Cup for me is the resilience that the team showed in being 2-0 down to a decent Brazilian side and having the mental fortitude to pull it back - under both Warburton and Pedro the team wouldn't have had the mental strength to dig a result out of that.  Hopefully it is a sign of both confidence and stronger mentality under Murty that they could do so.

Agreed on the transfer front.  I must admit I have been VERY impressed with Goss, think he was probably our best performer in Florida - but we need to see him come up against a team like Motherwell to see if he can take the physicality of the Scottish game.  Signs are very good.  Murphy also did pretty well over there.  I haven't seen much of Docherty but seems he is almost universally wanted by the Rangers fans which means he is highly rated, likewise Jones.  Cummings, despite personality, knows his way to goal and has that "gallus" touch that we have needed for a while.  I think he could be a great success for us.  I disagree with pete (go figure, right pete :D ) - I don't think Cummings and Morelos are the same type of player.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Typical problems when dealing with Scottish clubs!, they would accept the offer if it wasn't Rangers!

Seems to be the case. We wouldn't have got Cummings from Hibs for 600k!

59 minutes ago, craig said:

Personally think we are too far behind in the league to catch them.  I just can't see them being weak enough to drop 11 points more than us.  We would need to win both remaining OF games and that is a big ask.  Hopefully I am wrong on all counts though.

The most pleasing thing about the Florida Cup for me is the resilience that the team showed in being 2-0 down to a decent Brazilian side and having the mental fortitude to pull it back - under both Warburton and Pedro the team wouldn't have had the mental strength to dig a result out of that.  Hopefully it is a sign of both confidence and stronger mentality under Murty that they could do so.

Agreed on the transfer front.  I must admit I have been VERY impressed with Goss, think he was probably our best performer in Florida - but we need to see him come up against a team like Motherwell to see if he can take the physicality of the Scottish game.  Signs are very good.  Murphy also did pretty well over there.  I haven't seen much of Docherty but seems he is almost universally wanted by the Rangers fans which means he is highly rated, likewise Jones.  Cummings, despite personality, knows his way to goal and has that "gallus" touch that we have needed for a while.  I think he could be a great success for us.  I disagree with pete (go figure, right pete :D ) - I don't think Cummings and Morelos are the same type of player.

I would have thought that to, however im sure Brenda is a bit of a bottler if the chips are down, a couple of bad results and they could crumble, especially if someone like Brown got injured, they are riding the crest of a positive PR wave, the SMSM think they can do no wrong. I think everyone knows how to set up against them now as well, more teams will have a go, im more worried about our consistency, we can't seem to string together results, however with the players we have added I think we will have a good second half of the season, plus we will have guys coming back from injury as well.