1 hour ago, craig said:

Murphy

Goss

Docherty

Cummings

Jones

Naismith

Ohhhh, plus Martin :ninja:

Who said that transfer windows weren't enjoyable experiences for Rangers fans ??

That would be some stellar business in the window if you asked me, especially if Murphy & Cummings ARE "options to buy" at set prices.  Those signings, Martin aside, have a ton of goals and creativity in them.

I would be one very happy bear if all of the above end up being our January signings.

I don't think any of those players would get a game for the tims, aside from an on form Naismith, and what we'd be getting isn't an on form Naismith. I’m extremely keen to see him though, if he’s anything like the player he used to be. I think these are players that will improve us, but not the level we require to challenge for the title - or not embarrass ourselves in Europe - which is what we need. Two of those players are deemed not good enough to get a game for Norwich, which is sadly the level we seem to be at now. Cummings as well - whilst looking good at Hibs, he's just failed at Nottingham Forest. Should we not aim higher than that? It's amazing how many young, promising Scots crash and burn in England. Regardless, he's a good improvement on what we have.

If I was in charge I would be spending every available resource on our youth development, scouting and signing players 23 and under whom can hopefully turn into the next Van Dijk or Wanyama. It’s good to see that we are looking at a number of younger players, but I want to see us casting the net wider than just here and England. That of course requires the right infrastructure.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Are we likely to see Martin and Cummings announced tomorrow?

Martin has his medical tomorrow, so I think so.

I thought Jason 'Cumdog' Cummings would be announced tonight.

I think Cummings is a decent addition.

For those moaning that the players wouldn’t get into the Celtic team, I don’t think they’d be far off. They aren’t anywhere near as good as the press makes them put to be. None of them are stick out players for me and I don’t think with a bit of development and good management, some of the players we’ve got can’t be better than them. Maybe I’m just being over-optimistic though.