The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Added the bit about the McCrorie twins about to sign new deals, keeping them at Ibrox till 2021.

RANGERS are set to reward talented kid Ross McCrorie with a bumper contract extension.

Teenage stopper McCrorie, 19, is poised to sign a deal that will keep him at Ibrox for up to four more years.

McCrorie was hailed as the future of Rangers and Scotland by ex-Ibrox boss Pedro Caixinha before his sacking last month.

McCrorie is contracted until June 2019, but his new deal, which will tie him to Gers until 2021, would completely dwarf the basic salary he earns at the moment.

Twin brother Robby will also be rewarded with an improved deal.

Scotland Under-19 keeper McCrorie is on loan at Berwick, but he could be recalled in January.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1870618/ross-mccrorie-robby-mccrorie-new-deals-rangers-ibrox/

Without a permanent manager January is surely going to pass us by? By all means extend the contracts of promising young players but beyond that can we really approach players at other clubs, indeed can we even offer new contracts to out of contract players at Rangers like Wilson? McArthur is an attractive signing, I'd consider approaching him, offering our highest salary and appointing him captain, but he's not going to sign without knowing who the manager is. Indeed would Moult, or Walker either? What happens if we bring in a manager who just doesn't fancy them? It's another consequence of our inability to appoint a manager.

I'm far from convinced a Director of Football signing players without a manager is going to end well.

Without a permanent manager January is surely going to pass us by? By all means extend the contracts of promising young players but beyond that can we really approach players at other clubs, indeed can we even offer new contracts to out of contract players at Rangers like Wilson? McArthur is an attractive signing, I'd consider approaching him, offering our highest salary and appointing him captain, but he's not going to sign without knowing who the manager is. Indeed would Moult, or Walker either? What happens if we bring in a manager who just doesn't fancy them? It's another consequence of our inability to appoint a manager.

I'm far from convinced a Director of Football signing players without a manager is going to end well.

Yes, I think we have to look to have a manager in place to at least have some input/acceptance wrt any transfer window activity.

Although I can't see much being spent unless we move other players off the wagebill and any payoffs will eat into any budget.

Just passing on "info" ...

Daily Record has 11 better players out of contract next summer -> http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/11-scottish-players-who-can-11505324

Scot Bain, Paul McGinn, Danny Wilson, Craig Forsyth, David Templeton, Kenny McLean, Fraser Fyvie, Andy Driver, Jamie Walker, Oliver McBurnie, and James McArthur:

I'd be very careful if considering allocating large chunks of the wage bill to over 30's.

In the last couple of seasons, whether due to injury or whatever, the return for what will have been large salaries has been negligible.

Barton

Kranjcar

Senderos

Hill

Gilks

Alves

Dorrans

Of the above, I'd say only Clint Hill did the job we hoped for.

I accept it's early to judge Alves and Dorrans but signs aren't particularly positive.

You can say it's not their fault if injured but when you sign over 30's, they tend to have a mileage that makes it more likely.

That's without even touching on the absence of any potential sell-on value.

Edited by buster.

I would assume that we do not start searching for a new manager only in January (well, 20 days from now ain't that long anyways), but are still looking. After the McInnes-stuff, the media may look elsewhere and give us all some respite from all this, not least when Murty is winning games ... cheeky bastard that he is!!! :devil: That said, if he goes on like that, I wouldn't be all too surprised if his stay is extended till the summer.

As for McArthur, he's made his money by now (7 to 12m, going by the wage he's supposedly on) and may do a Dorrans, who dropped his wage demands and ain't wrecking us. Speaking of Dorrans, IMHO, he was underused by PC, as he is sure not a holding MF. If McCrorie and Jack continue as a partnership, we might see Dorrans in a more advanced role.