Rangers statement

The Aberdeen statement was still a wee bit ambiguous and open to interpretation depending how you read it or how much you dissect it.

It all just seems really, really strange. As Frankie says, presumably we were lead to believe he was seriously interested, hence the formal approach. But it looks like we never got to talk to him in detail, so its not even got to the point of budgets, staff, expectations etc.

When McInnes knocked back Sunderland in the summer I thought he showed a lack of ambition. There was an opportunity to rebuild one of the top English clubs and get them back into the EPL. His stock would have risen and he could well have got himself into the running for one of the big jobs in the EPL.

Now he's done it again by sticking with Aberdeen & not wanting to even discuss a move to Rangers. Maybe he's happy at a club that wins a trophy every 20 years. If so he's no good to Rangers

Edited by RANGERRAB

The Aberdeen statement was still a wee bit ambiguous and open to interpretation depending how you read it or how much you dissect it.

It all just seems really, really strange. As Frankie says, presumably we were lead to believe he was seriously interested, hence the formal approach. But it looks like we never got to talk to him in detail, so its not even got to the point of budgets, staff, expectations etc.

If that was to be the case then we couldn't reasonably presume he would take it and therefore have kept eggs in one basket.

Especially after what happened with McInnes/Sunderland.

I disagree Rab. Sunderland are an absolute basket case of a club - anybody going there needs their head examined. Have you see how they've been run these last few years and how big their wage bills is? I suspect DM did his due diligence and realised just what a gamble it would be to go there.

If it was nearly any other club down there, I'd agree about the lack of ambition part.

If that was to be the case then we couldn't reasonably presume he would take it and therefore have kept eggs in one basket.

Especially after what happened with McInnes/Sunderland.

I meant in detail. Presumably someone said to him would you be interested in the job, yes or no? He might have said can you confirm a few things, we've done that and he's said yes, so we've proceeded.

I've had a day or two to think this through and I've come to the conclusion that there are a few issues here.

One issue is that Aberdeen refused us the permission to speak to DM. I find that odd as they then had to have a meeting with DM. From that I deduce that a clause in his contract must have been triggered otherwise it would not have happened at all. Refusing the access in that case, to me, would have been a breach of contract. However DM made it clear after 24 hrs that he didn't actually want the job.

Another issue is that Rangers put out a statement that should have simply said Aberdeen refused us permission to talk to DM therefore we move on. Instead of that the statement has Jim Traynors pettiness and arrogance stamped all over it which feels very embarrassing for most people connected with Rangers FC.

One more issue for me is that the Rangers board has consistently spoken about lists of candidates and an application process.

Working backwards from the last issue highlighted. We don't or rather shouldn't have an application process for the managers position. On this issue I just want to say that we decide who we want as a manager and then we go and get them. We're not appointing a clerk or a fitness coach or a tea lady here. We're appointing the manager of the worlds most successful football club... WE'RE RANGERS FFS!

Traynor is an absolute car crash waiting to happen and should be no where near making statements on behalf of our club. His only quality is that he is antagonistic, if you can consider that a quality. A trait that I remember he very clearly attempted to use when I had a run in with him on the radio after McLeish's Rangers, by dropping De Boer into midfield despite his broken toe (credit where its due a master stroke I might add and precisely the point I was making during the call), side beat Celtic 3-2 in the 2002 Scottish cup final. Incidentally he cut me off when I responded to one of his barbs with... 'I'm not biting with you Traynor'. That is his style which is fine for shock jock material, courting controversy, but not as a representation of a club and institution with the stature of Rangers Football Club.

Theres not really much anyone can do if DM has decided with Milne that he didn't want to come and manage at the most successful football club in the world. Where I do have an issue is that its taken the boardroom 6 weeks to make any move at all with what seems like no contingency plan. That for me is simply unacceptable.

Edited by Big Jaws

Traynor should be nowhere near Ibrox and our board seriously need to get their act together.

If you sack a manager, you have to have a plan in place where you can bring someone in with in a couple of weeks.

Traynor should be nowhere near Ibrox and our board seriously need to get their act together.

If you sack a manager, you have to have a plan in place where you can bring someone in with in a couple of weeks.

Trainer compliments the board of directors perfectly.

I disagree Rab. Sunderland are an absolute basket case of a club - anybody going there needs their head examined. Have you see how they've been run these last few years and how big their wage bills is? I suspect DM did his due diligence and realised just what a gamble it would be to go there.

If it was nearly any other club down there, I'd agree about the lack of ambition part.

We are a basket case too.

So instead of us saying we dodged a bullet with Mcinnes... perhaps the reverse is true, maybe McInnes dodged a bullet with us :ninja: