Pacific Quay Musings?

All change yesterday, Big Dick promised full live coverage of today's game against Falkirk, and next week's old firm encounter.

So, are the PQ Emerald sitting inside a studio watching the telly, and commentating? Or, are they to be welcomed back on to the Main Stand gantry?

We should be told.

Oh, and Jum Spence was doing the gig between the dug outs during live commentary at Pittodrie. No one uttered the words, 'Dundee United'.

Finally, Dig Dick relayed attendance figures for both yesterday's Scottish Cup quarter-finals. Ra Stydome had just in excess of 18,000 present, whereas the Hill'o'Dung attracted just under 8,000.

18 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

All change yesterday, Big Dick promised full live coverage of today's game against Falkirk, and next week's old firm encounter.

So, are the PQ Emerald sitting inside a studio watching the telly, and commentating? Or, are they to be welcomed back on to the Main Stand gantry?

We should be told.

Oh, and Jum Spence was doing the gig between the dug outs during live commentary at Pittodrie. No one uttered the words, 'Dundee United'.

Finally, Dig Dick relayed attendance figures for both yesterday's Scottish Cup quarter-finals. Ra Stydome had just in excess of 18,000 present, whereas the Hill'o'Dung attracted just under 8,000.

You provide a great service in reporting the output from PQ, but you must put yourself through torture listening to that garbage each week.  I can't bring myself to listen to any of it.  I've created a world for myself which excludes newspapers and BBC reporting.  I'm happy.  You should try it.  ??

5 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

It's a good point.

I have stated before, I am a license fee payer. My professional life was sixteen years in the Parachute Regiment. I relied on the BBC World Service to provide news, current affairs, sports, ..... etc. If I continue to pay my license fee, why should BBC Scotland get away with NOT providing a service? There are disabled Bears, sick Bears, Bears living in remote areas, Bears around the world working, ...... etc. Again, they deserve a service.

The PQ gang hut mentality deserves to be exposed and ridiculed, at every turn.

I take my hat off to you.  You are of course correct that we all deserve a service.  I find it utterly incredible that this situation has been allowed to continue.  Why has this not been addressed by the senior execs at the BBC?  It seems to me like neglect or apathy.  Either way it's unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I take my hat off to you.  You are of course correct that we all deserve a service.  I find it utterly incredible that this situation has been allowed to continue.  Why has this not been addressed by the senior execs at the BBC?  It seems to me like neglect or apathy.  Either way it's unacceptable.

All the senior execs in Scotland are cut from the same cloth and in London nobody gives a shit what happens in Scotland.

29 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

It's a good point.

I have stated before, I am a license fee payer. My professional life was sixteen years in the Parachute Regiment. I relied on the BBC World Service to provide news, current affairs, sports, ..... etc. If I continue to pay my license fee, why should BBC Scotland get away with NOT providing a service? There are disabled Bears, sick Bears, Bears living in remote areas, Bears around the world working, ...... etc. Again, they deserve a service.

Agreed.

I had a long drawn out complaints saga with the BBC regarding this issue, they make it very difficult to complain and then you end up with nothing!.

Is this something Club 1872 could take up? or better still the club itself?.

46 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

It's a good point.

Two things:

It's a distasteful task, but someone has to do it.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The national team produced a less than inspiring performance, and a poor result on Friday night.

The PQ gang hut talked all around the current national team situation and arrived at the conclusion, it could be all right when the spine of the team reverts to Sellik players. Further, it doesn't reflect well on the Scottish Leagues, that only one starting player currently plays in the Scottish Premiership. 'Anglos' are a grouping that we have always had problems in accepting. There is a belief that always finds oxygen, that Anglos are some what under-motivated, are condemned anyway for taking English silver, and are detached from national fervour. 

It's forty-five years since eligibility rules allowed those born outside Scotland but have Scottish parents, to pull on the cobalt blue. It's thirty-odd years since, 'the Granny rule' arrived and allowed those with a grandparent born in Scotland to be enthused by the Hampden Roar. There is a prominent member of the PQ gang hut, Stuart Cosgrove who always blames an Anglo for Scotland's misfortune. Surprising, given that Cosgrove has spent the majority of his professional life based in Engerland.

Big Stu' is an uber nationalist, waves the Saltire with gusto. He believes utilising the granny rule shows desperation. He never misses an oportunity to rattle into such a player. The last campaign, it was Chris Martin; yesterday, it was Oli McBurnie. It was an audible vomit, a purge as Big Stu' informed us this was the guy that's scored six goals for Barnsley, he lead the line in the under 21s campaign last year and he was rank, and he is preventing those in the Scottish game having a go. I suspect Big Stu' wants a cleansing? Big Stu' as Kenneth Brannagh in, 'Conspiracy'? Surely, someone in the PQ gang hut should take him aside and tell him his time has past?

Oh, and I am sure in the week where Oli McBurnie promoted his desire to maybe become a Rangers player one day, has not influenced Big Stu's latest rant.