[FT] St Johnstone 1 - 4 Rangers (Tavernier 12 pen; Windass 25; Goss 41; Morelos 56)

• Frankie changed the title to St Johnstone 0 - 3 Rangers (Tavernier 12 pen; Windass 25; Goss 41)
  • Frankie changed the title to [HT] St Johnstone 0 - 3 Rangers (Tavernier 12 pen; Windass 25; Goss 41)

Really good stuff. Docherty does a great job in the middle. He’s the kind of guy you hate marking you, rapid and strong. You just can’t get more than a few yards away from him. Fantastic assist from him too. 

Team looks very organised and with good shape. 

Very composed 1st half, excellent, however I think I am obsessed by referees? why was the keeper not sent off when he brought Morelos down for the penalty? if you kick out at a player especially off the ball should it be a red card? Bates getting fouled in the box and brought down = foul to them?...........................................................................................ah feck it! I give up, mon the Rangers.

Yip, despite some very questionable refereeing, the players have kept their concentration and made the most of the chances we have created.

At the moment we look like we can score any time we go forward which is really positive.  Only drawback is I felt we were a bit slack for 5-10mins after the second goal which we can't afford against better sides.

Lets hope we can goal onto score again and allow the manager to make some early changes.

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Very composed 1st half, excellent, however I think I am obsessed by referees? why was the keeper not sent off when he brought Morelos down for the penalty? if you kick out at a player especially off the ball should it be a red card? Bates getting fouled in the box and brought down = foul to them?...........................................................................................ah feck it! I give up, mon the Rangers.

Fouling someone for a penalty earns you a yellow these days. I reckon the foul on Bates was hard to spot for McLean, but the linesman should have given it. Why the goal after that foul was not given is beyond me, as Morelos was sure in line with the last defender and hardly interfering with anyone anyway.

All in all a good and solid all round performance from everyone. Let's hope we get through this unscathed with injuries now ...