Someone would have to be pretty daft to walk around that area with a Celtc top on on the morning of a Rangers v Celtc match.

I am enjoying some of the language here though.  Thuggish, toxic, dark elements, aggressively chanting and paramitary style uniform.  Spiers has already got his article half-written for him. 

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Someone would have to be pretty daft to walk around that area with a Celtc top on on the morning of a Rangers v Celtc match.

I am enjoying some of the language here though.  Thuggish, toxic, dark elements, aggressively chanting and paramitary style uniform.  Spiers has already got his article half-written for him. 

probably...and unfortunately it will be based on fact - there's pictures & video to back him up.

Compare this march to the one several years ago to Hampden - how many folk then had their faces covered???  How many smoke bombs or flares were set off???  What there any imagery to "promote" violent behaviour???  No there wasn't, it atmosphere was peaceful, relaxed and family friendly.

How would you react or think if you saw a march like this coming towards you on the street???

10 minutes ago, RabiDuck said:

Slightly off topic here, but I don't really listen to the crowd in detail on the tele (England based supporter!), how was the behaviour at this one?  Did we manage to stay away from the "bad songs" list.  I've not seen much in the way of complaints on BBC so I'm guessing we behaved well?

The entire support behaved impeccably.

Not so much as a cross word.

8 minutes ago, Darthter said:

probably...and unfortunately it will be based on fact 

How would you react or think if you saw a march like this coming towards you on the street???

It came towards me as I stood on the road from Mafeking Street to the club shop.  Seemed like a bunch of youngsters having a good time.

If it was GB or another Ultras group, I'd just avoid it.

These things happen all over Europe and no one bats an eyelid.

11 minutes ago, Darthter said:

probably...and unfortunately it will be based on fact - there's pictures & video to back him up.

Compare this march to the one several years ago to Hampden - how many folk then had their faces covered???  How many smoke bombs or flares were set off???  What there any imagery to "promote" violent behaviour???  No there wasn't, it atmosphere was peaceful, relaxed and family friendly.

These guys don’t give a toss about the club. Ffs they don’t even watch the games at Ibrox.

I was with you ‘til near the end but how much are they there for the football and how much for the look-at-us special clothing and anti-celtic signalling? As is often said about the assumed followers of another club do they hate the other side more than they love their own?

4 hours ago, Darthter said:

I've watched a couple of videos from the march, and have to say I find it completely embarrassing.

Do folk honestly think that this is acceptable behaviour???  If this happened on any other day (outwith a football context), folk would (rightly) be up in arms, and it would have been shut down by the police.

But since it's football/Rangers related, it is suddenly ok (in many folks eyes) for a LARGE group, many masked or hiding their faces, letting off smoke bombs and flares, presenting a banner which could incite hatred/riot, to march down the street, singing banned songs.

How does this kind of behaviour show support for the football team???  All it does is supports & encourages the darker elements associated with the club ie. sectarianism - something that the Club itself has been working to eradicate.

IMHO, the Club should be doing everything it can to distance itself from these actions.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I find it absolutely staggering that there has been this reaction to it, and a lot coming from Rangers fans.

Why is there such a massive uproar about it? The Groin Brigade do it all the time. There was a pub of Rangers fans with women and children physically attacked and it’s hardly been mentioned by the newspapers or MPs. There were Rangers fans attacked after the match whilst they were walking home.

Yet the outcry is about fans with a logo of someone being kicked.

So what is worse? A logo depicting violence or actual violence on women and children? By the mass response, it seems that the answer is the logo, but that is just because it depicts a Celtic fan as the victim.

Again, think the march was stupid, but the hypocrisy of the outcry as if this is the first time in history that this has happened is ridiculous when you compare it to the actual violence that the Rangers fans have been subject to. It really does show you the awful political landscape that we reside in where actual violence against us is not newsworthy.