Smoke Bombs thrown onto fans

2 minutes ago, compo said:

I find it strange that there is no news of any arrests for this but I have no doubt Glasgow police will swoop if someone was to sing a naughty song .

This is what annoys me so much now.  I am fine with spending resources on clamping down on abusive or sectarian language.  I've always thought this was too tough to deal with sensibly and in a balanced fashion, but I at least understood the sentiment behind it.  What I am astonished at however is that this has become worse than other 'crimes'.

When the 'flyer' was originally posted on line, almost everyone in authority jumped on the language used.  Almost no one focussed on the logo showing fans kicking their fans, which would potentially be inciting violence (not saying that was its intention, but merely pointing out it could have been).  We then have fans running onto the pitch at the cup final, assaulting players and officials and then the focus being on the songs being sung.  And now we have police unwilling to invest much time and effort on a potentially lethal assault with smoke bombs.

What the hell is wrong with our country these days?!?

To be fair there were lots of Police next to us and plenty singing tbb and no action was taken.

There was a guy obviously drunk kept walking up to them and singing with  his scarf held high that I thought would have got arrested but the police showed a lot of patience with him and eventually got him to find a place in the crowd. Not All is bad.

Its in the MSM at last? Still nothing from club or SLO re this btw. Like I said it’s a whole new level of stupid now. Incidentally I was Next to the scot squad and I didn’t see any missiles going towards the Broamloan Stand? 

Edited by cooponthewing

I’m genuinely appalled that the club has failed to condemn celtic fans for throwing these devices into our own fans at our stadium which they are custodians of. We can be condemned for using them elsewhere but our Board have a responsibility to ensure the safety of everyone in the stadium (even ‘them’). I hope this silence is because they are talking with the police to ascertain facts but if so then they should state this. More evidence our MD is not fit to do his job. 

To be clear people have had damage to their hearing and a young lad needed medical treatment after being hit by a £2 coin. Wtf does it take for our Board to say something and act in the interests of our fan safety? Did they say or do anything after a flare was thrown at Wes previously? 

The only comment they have made is about effing banners over advertising. 

If one one of these devices was lobbed into the directors box you can bet we might hear something from the Board. It’s scandalous. 

Edited by Walterbear

4 hours ago, Walterbear said:

I’m genuinely appalled that the club has failed to condemn celtic fans for throwing these devices into our own fans at our stadium which they are custodians of. We can be condemned for using them elsewhere but our Board have a responsibility to ensure the safety of everyone in the stadium (even ‘them’). I hope this silence is because they are talking with the police to ascertain facts but if so then they should state this. More evidence our MD is not fit to do his job. 

To be clear people have had damage to their hearing and a young lad needed medical treatment after being hit by a £2 coin. Wtf does it take for our Board to say something and act in the interests of our fan safety? Did they say or do anything after a flare was thrown at Wes previously? 

The only comment they have made is about effing banners over advertising. 

If one one of these devices was lobbed into the directors box you can bet we might hear something from the Board. It’s scandalous. 

It is getting worse. The devices are going to get bigger and bigger until someone is killed. And the police and our club will be culpable as no one is calling out these odious idiots for what they are doing.

Edited by StuGers