The Anti Rangers SNP

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I just don't get the attitude of "let's ignore unfair criticism because it's political" or "it's my party that are making unfair criticism so I'll defend them rather than my club".

That’s exactly why the SNP can never be in the same bracket as other political parties for Rangers fans. Any Rangers fan defending the SNP’s aggression towards Rangers is less of a Rangers fan because of it. They can squeal all they want but there’s no other interpretation possible.

12 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

I'm not trying to take anything from you, why would I?

I'm merely pointing out the SNP see us as one of the last pillars of Unionism in Scotland which in itself should be pretty clear to anyone.

You said that in the context that ‘no one from the SNP had outed themselves as a Rangers fan’. My context is that neither had labour or Tory supporters in any significant numbers (count fingers on hand). I think you are politicising football  by inferring the SNP are anti Rangers when I’m fact lots of folk are and they vote for different parties. 

If you politicise Rangers then expect to have enemies. Don’t moan about it. 

Celtc brought religion and politics into Scottish sport.  How many SNP members have criticised them publicly?

The SNP, like their friends Sinn Fein, want to break up the UK.  Which is why they don't like Rangers FC.  Because our club is a focal point for Unionism in Scotland (like it or not).

Edited by Gonzo79

7 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

You said that in the context that ‘no one from the SNP had outed themselves as a Rangers fan’. My context is that neither had labour or Tory supporters in any significant numbers (count fingers on hand). I think you are politicising football  by inferring the SNP are anti Rangers when I’m fact lots of folk are and they vote for different parties. 

If you politicise Rangers then expect to have enemies. Don’t moan about it. 

I never mentioned members I said MP's or MSP's so don't twist what I said.

I've seen plenty SNP MP's and MSP's declare their allegiance to Celtic publicly so why none for Rangers?

I'm not as shallow as to think someone is my enemy just because they hold different political views to myself, is it a SNP thing? 

Edited by forlanssister

3 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

I never mentioned members I said MP's or MSP's so don't twist what I said.

I've seen plenty SNP MP's and MSP's declare their allegiance to Celtic publicly so why none for Rangers?

I'm not as shallow as to think someone is my enemy just because they hold different political views to myself, is it a SNP thing? 

Don’t know. Ask the SNP. I don’t support them. 

You are saying the SNP are anti Rangers.    You are doing that to promote a poltical view.  Many of us wish to keep politics out of Rangers. 

9 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Don’t know. Ask the SNP. I don’t support them. 

You are saying the SNP are anti Rangers.    You are doing that to promote a poltical view.  Many of us wish to keep politics out of Rangers. 

You trying to tell us the SNP are pro Rangers?

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

All the Bears I know couldn't care less about the march.

The internet is definitely a lot different to the real world, we both seem to agree on that.  

We're aware you couldn't care less about Rangers being linked with IRA style par military face masks. And I will continue to make you aware that I care more about the reputation of the club than you or apparently every single person you know by saying I don't want such as this linked to my club.

JS146059395.jpg

I do that because I want the passing public to know that you're definitely not the face of the club and if the club were asked the same question you really are out of touch with reality if you thought for a moment they would condone that.

And let me tell you something else you appear to be entirely unaware of. The Internet isn't some imaginary world that exists only in the imagination. Believe it or not the people posting here are real people with real views. It is the 'real' world whether you're aware of it or not though there is a difference.

Here's as simple a scenario as I can come up with to illustrate that. 

An obese or what you might call ugly person walks down the street.  Social norms typically kick in and people don't in general call them fat or ugly to their face. Or at least civilised people don't.

Now when they're gone these same people might say it among each other or describe it to people who weren't there later. They were thinking that at the time but didn't say it.

On the internet people are infinitely more likely to say exactly what they think than they would be out on the street or on a train because the same strictures don't apply due to the faceless nature of it. So in that respect the internet even more 'real' than the 'real' world as you call it.

People more often say what they're really thinking rather than preserve social norms.

I looked for but could not find any complaints about the UB march from Rangers FC, Club1872, PoliceScotland or anyone else connected to the club.
Does that mean that said organizations are satisfied that the club's reputation has not been sullied in any way by this UB march? Good.
I was getting worried that anyone wearing a face covering on the way to the match would cause the club's image to be tarnished. I mean, what will be next to be criticised, the niqab?
Oh, the worry!

What about this behaviour? Anyone heard of the SNP types criticising this? ...

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

We're aware you couldn't care less about Rangers being linked with IRA style par military face masks. And I will continue to make you aware that I care more about the reputation of the club than you or apparently every single person you know by saying I don't want such as this linked to my club.

You care more than me and every single person I know.  You know more about the real world than me.  I'm out of touch with reality.  The internet is more real than real life.

I get it.  Now you've taught me so much you can calm down.