The Anti Rangers SNP

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

What did I try to tell you about Oklahoma?

Are there a lot of Bears there? 

You're the one who started taking authority on who knows best about what Rangers fans think.  Why do you think you know better than me? 

And why do you keep focusing on the train thing?  I don't live on trains.

I'm not claiming to be an authority I'm telling you that the majority around here don't like masked IRA style antics being linked with Rangers and no Rangers supporter I personally know has expressed anything but disgust, scorn, and disappointment that these 'low iq total fannies' as one called them are being linked to the club.

Yes there are a lot of bears in Oklahoma, predominately black bears you don't want to run into on a walk in the country.

You raised the train thing, I responded to it.  That's what happens on a discussion forum you see.  You mention something people may talk about it. I don't live on the Internet or on the streets but I don't need to be a sociologist to know that people are different in both.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's strange how few objections are made to Unionism and what are often referred to as bigoted songs at Ibrox Stadium or on supporters buses.

Yet online, these objections are very common.

Even on this thread, I've had someone based in Oklahoma telling me what the majority of the Rangers support think of the UB march and that it's an indisputable fact that it is viewed as sinister.  I witnessed the march and work beside two Ibrox ST holders (one of whom can't stand the UBs mainly because of their Ole Ole songs), neither of whom has even mentioned the march.  

The 8 Bears I got the train home with and then had a few drinks with in Edinburgh never mentioned it either.  Not once.

The internet rarely reflects the real world, thankfully.

Ha, I was at the game and wouldn’t have even known this march happened if it wasn’t for message boards.

I’m a unionist and I don’t like the SNP but it riles me when people view politics down football lines, people on this thread are just stopping short of saying you’re not a real Rangers fan if you vote for them (and categorically saying it on other message boards).  I hope you’re right when saying the Internet rarely reflects the real world.

16 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm not claiming to be an authority I'm telling you that the majority around here don't like masked IRA style antics being linked with Rangers and no Rangers supporter I personally know has expressed anything but disgust, scorn, and disappointment that these 'low iq total fannies' as one called them are being linked to the club.

You raised the train thing, I responded to it.  That's what happens on a discussion forum you see.  You mention something people may talk about it. I don't live on the Internet or on the streets but I don't need to be a sociologist to know that people are different in both.

All the Bears I know couldn't care less about the march.

The internet is definitely a lot different to the real world, we both seem to agree on that.  

Edited by Gonzo79

9 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Anybody ever seen an SNP MP or MSP out themselves as a Rangers fan?

They view us as one of the last remaining pillars of Unionism in Scotland and as is their raison d'etre want to knock us down.

I might be biased here, but I like to think that Rangers supporting politicians (of which there are many) are smart enough to know that football and politics don't mix and therefore don't talk about it on twitter, etc.  There are idiots in all parties.  There are Rangers supporters in all parties.  There are Celtic supporters in all parties.  There are Unionists that have voted SNP (that's why we don't have independence).  If we looked at who our support voted for you'd find that it was very representative of the overall votes for parties.  Why?  Because our support comprises people from many walks of life in this country and beyond.

As I've said before, we've got enough problems trying to agree on what our best 11 should be on the park, or who our manager should be.  The last thing we need is further divisions by introducing politics into it.  Furthermore, politics can be so bloody boring compared to football.  Let's get back to the fun and important stuff shall we?!?

9 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Anybody ever seen an SNP MP or MSP out themselves as a Rangers fan?

They view us as one of the last remaining pillars of Unionism in Scotland and as is their raison d'etre want to knock us down.

I don’t regard myself as a remaining pillar of unionism fs and neither do

lots of Rangers fans. When you say “us” you are not speaking for everyone. Many of “us” don’t give a flying feck about politics.  More to the point we won’t be lectured on who to vote for or what church we should go to or whether we believe in a god at all. 

Anyone can come to my house and talk about politics, religion, etc and they can look at my Rangers memorabilia and I will entertain them and enjoy the debate. The moment they suggest I am not a Rangers fan and justify it for their own political ends is when they leave.  

50 years a Rangers fan, longer than I’ve bern interested in politics. You will not take my club away from me. 

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

"Us" is Rangers. 

I agree with you.  "Us" should be Rangers so let's not divide us by bringing politics into it.  I think this is the most mental thread I've read since I joined Gersnet and I've realised I'm making it worse by continuing so I'll just sto ....

22 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I agree with you.  "Us" should be Rangers so let's not divide us by bringing politics into it.  

The songs regularly sung by our support do bring politics into it.  Many other things do.  But the political links are obvious and undeniable.