New manager rumours

Couldn't care less if he's a Rangers man or not, but Alex Neil doesn't fill me with too much optimism. He's got limited coaching experience and only recently got sacked by Norwich. He seems to be doing OK with Preston, but lessons should be learned from Warburton. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-neil-joint-favourite-rangers-12383090

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Rodgers doesn't do European football very well.

If you look at his results with Liverpool, it's not dissimilar in pattern to his current club.

ie. He's not really 'the messiah' as the media up here seem to believe.

I'm not slating him as a coach, but highlighting that GS's suggestion he's been their best manager since the 80's doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

To be honest... I would more than happily take a manager who can dominate domestically even if European results are terrible.  That is what we need right now.  Europe really does have to wait

2 hours ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I would break the bank to get Sean Dyche in, a tough no nonsense type of manager who makes his teams hard to beat. He's done well for his budget in the EPL.

He's also out of our league

3 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Did he not win the League when managing Kilmarnock (and have a few 2nd places)?

Of course, when he left Rugby Park, he became a football writer for the now defunct Daily Express, from where he took up the Manager's post at Rangers.

So,.......if Steve Clarke wins the SPL, and spends 2 or 3 years on the football desk at the Daily Rhabble, he would be qualified, incontrovertibly for the job at Ibrox......

At the final whistle Waddell raced onto the park as if he had the famous light blue jersey on his back instead of his Danimac raincoat, made straight for Frank Beattie and hoisted that sturdy citizen three feet into the air as if he were a child’s doll.

I would normally favour Hearts over Kilmarnock but not on that day.

Bit of a left-field name here (or maybe not... read on) - everyone is mentioning FdB, but no-one's mentioned Ronald as a possible name. Played for us longer, so arguably a bigger 'legend' at Ibrox than Frank. Would be a bit of a marquee signing and he knows the club well.

Alright, so he hasn't managed any teams directly, so would be a gamble (yeah, another gamble), but he has been quietly learning his trade around the world and - according to good ol' Wikipedia - is now at Barcelona as assistant. He might be closer to our price range, due to lack of experience (maybe not, dunno what Barca pay him).

Anyway, just a daft thought I had while reading through this thread.