New manager rumours

I suppose it's all about money which we don't have and are unlikely to get due to failure in our ever so brief European debacle then you see that the other mob will get £26 million for their last  tilt at European failure 

Just a few years ago the EPL was full of Scottish managers, look at it today. There's a dearth of good Scottish managers at the top level and even English managers are becoming in short supply, with foreign coaches pretty much the more now. Even those British managers still getting a job seem to all be on the same roundabout and seldom last more than a year or two. Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew, David Moyes, Sam Allardyce, etc seem to be on a never-ending job swap. The perennial favourites on Rangers forums, Steve McLaren & Glenn Hoddle don't even get the scraps anymore.

There are very few really good managers available and those that do exist are in such demand they could name their price. All are way out of our reach. The next Rangers manager is currently plying his trade at a much lower level than the imaginations of most Rangers fans are prepared to consider. 

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

There was a suggestion on Talksport that Dyche may be on Everton's radar.

I am sure that there will be a number of English clubs who will see just how well Dyche has done this season with Burnley, on limited resources, and will want to take a chance on him.

No chance we get Dyche, much as though it pains me to say it as I think he is an excellent coach.

We have missed out on Joey  Barton he has just taken the Fleetwood job , thank f*** I hear you say .

Some folk are now saying Pardew is in the running 

Edited by compo
Forgot

I'm surprised the St Mirren manager isn't in the running. What he's achieved there is remarkable. Getting out of the Championship is not easy, as we well know, he did it at the first attempt with arguably the league's 4th highest budget and he did it with games to spare. 

He's got no experience at a 'big' club, and has never even managed in the SPFL, I accept that. But neither had Greig, McCoist, Warburton, Caixinho or Murty far less Struth, Wallace, Souness or Smith. 

Anyway, clearly our directors are looking elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

Did we not talk to Hoddle before we appointed Mcleish?

Either way Hoddle has done nothing of note in a long time.

McClaren isn't much better but has a reputation as a good coach.

Don't think he'd survive the goldfish bowl up here.

I'd take him as player-manager, even still.  With Mols up front and Gough at the back!  C'mon the oldies! ;)

Sorry for levity, but I can't face being serious as I cannot see a way out of the hole we are in.