New manager rumours

45 minutes ago, buster. said:

We have 65 points with three games to go,............. last season we finished with 67 points.

I don't think there will be much in the way of improvement on our side after those 3 games.

What has happened is that Celtic have went backwards in terms of points/ consistency of result, I think the most league wins IAR for them this season is THREE (we are 4 (x2) , Kilmarnock had a 6).

The feature for us has tended to be that when we do receive a set-back we don't get back off the canvas quickly. Our fragility shows, our confidence goes and we lose more points right away. Celtic on the other hand, nearly always bounce back with a win.

What I'm saying is although the points difference (us v them) isn't as vast this season, we still have huge margin for improvement but after a relatively poor league season, so do they.

Definitely Ceptic's standard has dropped, while ours has risen slightly - Possibly giving a truer account of the quality gap between the teams since Aberdeen are only 10pts behind them.  There's no doubting that Ceptics season last year was exceptional wrt points dropped.

It is also VERY true that we have a HUGE margin for improvement, where as other teams don't - I can't see Ceptics overall quality improving much over the summer - ours on the other hand.....(fingers crossed)

Rangers achievements next season are likely to be influenced less by Steven Gerrard and more by our ability to generate new investment. I'm now much more interested in the prospect of new investors replacing Paul Murray and Brian Scott than by any decision by Steven Gerrard. I wouldn't mind both of course.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Interesting that the Scottish Sun chose "The Debate" from Sky Sports and not the "Sunday Supplement" show, where the people rather unbiased listed the pros and cons and one of the chaps pointed out that the gap is now 10 points or the like with the current squad, it is anyone's guess what the arrival of Gerrard and a few quality players would do to that. 10 points ain't a lot over the course of the season.

5 going on 10 nil is the gap. 

I have come to think that Steven Gerrard is a prerequisite for new investment,

while new investment is a prerequisite for Steven Gerrard.

it's not Catch-22, fortunately.

17 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I have come to think that Steven Gerrard is a prerequisite for new investment,

while new investment is a prerequisite for Steven Gerrard.

it's not Catch-22, fortunately.

If the talk of major investment is true....there is a case to argue that the 2 are going hand in hand.

49 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Definitely Ceptic's standard has dropped, while ours has risen slightly - Possibly giving a truer account of the quality gap between the teams since Aberdeen are only 10pts behind them.  There's no doubting that Ceptics season last year was exceptional wrt points dropped.

It is also VERY true that we have a HUGE margin for improvement, where as other teams don't - I can't see Ceptics overall quality improving much over the summer - ours on the other hand.....(fingers crossed)

I think both us and them have a large margin for improvement on this league season.

We need to be thinking about building a hungry, competitive squad with legs and energy and forgetting about them for 12 months.

21 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

5 going on 10 nil is the gap. 

It's mad to suggest that the last two games are a true reflection of the difference in quality between the squads. A good manager could do far more with this squad. After 4 meetings this season Hibs are even with Celtic with a win each and two draws, even goal difference is even. 

Our support have sounded like their support after the 2016 semi. It was a similar scenario where the difference in quality between the squads was totally clouded by 1 team which was totally in tune with it's manager playing against a team who were not.

They do obviously have a much stronger squad, but a proper manager and some clever signings in the right positions would make a huge difference.

Edited by DMAA

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think both us and them have a large margin for improvement on this league season.

I can't see how they can improve much over the summer.  The problem being, it's difficult to attract a high level of player to Scotland.  They have been lucky with a few young(ish) signings who are most likely looking for a stepping stone down south.  They have also spend big on several players who have flopped.  They're biggest asset is their consistency, rather than their player skill level - look at all the plaudits Broonaldo is getting....

Whereas with us, an improved consistency level coupled with some good signings in key areas & we will be a serious thorn in their arse.