New manager rumours

25 minutes ago, buster. said:

It's obviously the old double landing bluff to throw the press pack off the scent.

He's actually arriving at Waverly railway station in Edinburgh on the sleeper tomorrow morning and will be met by John Greigs girlfriend. When you've read this post, burn it so no-one else knows.

Originally read that as "arriving ON Waverley"...thought, that's an impressive entrance - sailing Doon the Watter on a paddle steamer ;)

I thought Danny Murphy's comments made it sound like Gerrard was tentative but Des Kelly has said he was "very positive" about it last night so it sounds like he really wants it and it's all down to whether the board can somehow find some money to spend.

Edited by DMAA

Rumours that police have been asked to be at Ibrox tomorrow for noon.....expecting an announcement.  Could be bollox, of course, just passing on from other forums and texts. You know how it goes.  Appears on a forum. somone tweets it to a pal who tweets it to several who do likewise.  Forum then receives "confirmation" via said tweets. Folk then text you convinced it is true. Got to be right sometimes though.    Folk having lots of fun....

https://w1.minpic.de/i/62m1/19pis4

Edited by SteveC

So if Gerrard accepting the post is dependent on finances for a transfer budget on a scale we haven't seen in recent years I want him to get the job.  Yes he's a gamble but all appointments are.  I'm willing to gamble that his overall footballing experience and pulling power are as good as any other gamble on offer to get a substantial transfer budget in place.

22 minutes ago, SteveC said:

Rumours that police have been asked to be at Ibrox tomorrow for noon.....expecting an announcement.  Could be bollox, of course, just passing on from other forums and texts. You know how it goes.  Appears on a forum. somone tweets it to a pal who tweets it to several who do likewise.  Forum then receives "confirmation" via said tweets. Folk then text you convinced it is true. Got to be right sometimes though.    Folk having lots of fun....

https://w1.minpic.de/i/62m1/19pis4

Good to see StevieG is using the Ferry Inn. I hear it's an excellent establishment.

It’s already been reported he will get money on a case by case basis. Of course that doesn’t indicate a size if budget but it is prudent management. 

The same folk screaming from the media thatvwe have ni money are thecsanevfilk who screamed we were irresponsible with our previous spending. 

If he takes the job I will feel a big sense of excitement but oddly if he doesn’t I’ll feel relieved. Can’t call this one at all. Has potential to accelerate us or derail us. 

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

Good to see StevieG is using the Ferry Inn. I hear it's an excellent establishment.

Bit upmarket for him though, I thought.  I mean I occasionally stay there when I'm up for a game and flying back the next day but I can't see Stevie ger being able to afford it ;)

Edited by SteveC

2 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

It’s already been reported he will get money on a case by case basis. Of course that doesn’t indicate a size if budget but it is prudent management. 

The same folk screaming from the media thatvwe have ni money are thecsanevfilk who screamed we were irresponsible with our previous spending. 

If he takes the job I will feel a big sense of excitement but oddly if he doesn’t I’ll feel relieved. Can’t call this one at all. Has potential to accelerate us or derail us. 

There train metaphors are getting out of hand ;)