David Bates has signed with Hamburg

I think the lad looked at some of the players being picked ahead of him on a regular basis he's said stuff this I am off ,Alves is past it and McCrorie was found wanting last week .

1 minute ago, compo said:

I think the lad looked at some of the players being picked ahead of him on a regular basis he's said stuff this I am off ,Alves is past it and McCrorie was found wanting last week .

But Bates was being picked ahead of them wasn't he?!?

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

He is slower than a week in jail and doesn't look remotely interested.  

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Alves has been absolutely woeful and needs to leave in the summer. 

I disagree. :D 

He is slow as stop, though... 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

He is slower than a week in jail and doesn't look remotely interested.  

so give him a less mobile role - tell him to stick to a central & don't let ANYTHING through.  

Weir was as mobile as a Dumbarton rock, but he was still effective when utilised properly.

1 hour ago, Darthter said:

so give him a less mobile role - tell him to stick to a central & don't let ANYTHING through.  

Weir was as mobile as a Dumbarton rock, but he was still effective when utilised properly.

Alves is no Davie Weir though, IMHO.  Weir's reading of the game was fantastic.  Alves' distribution is better right enough - but I would still take Weir over Alves every day of the week.

42 minutes ago, craig said:

Alves is no Davie Weir though, IMHO.  Weir's reading of the game was fantastic.  Alves' distribution is better right enough - but I would still take Weir over Alves every day of the week.

To be fair, Alves would be better with Carlos Cueller or Boogie beside him.

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

To be fair, Alves would be better with Carlos Cueller or Boogie beside him.

On the flip side.... Davie Weir made Danny Wilson look a helluva lot better than Alves made Wilson look....

14 minutes ago, craig said:

On the flip side.... Davie Weir made Danny Wilson look a helluva lot better than Alves made Wilson look....

Aye but Danny was one of those Benjamin Button types of footballers.

He started off an excellent player and got steadily worse :ph34r:

On 19-4-2018 at 13:34, StuGers said:

Simple things like that are why Murty is amateur.

He should be stating that we “weren’t willing to match his demands” rather than the rather pathetic “we couldn’t match Hamburg”.

Does this make us attractive to any players even considering talking to us?

Communication like to the outside world drives me mad and Rangers are in the dark ages when it comes to representing themselves.

Do you really think Murty had any part in that decision? I doubt it to be honest that is the DoF and the money men making that decision. They may have talked to Murty about it but that is the only part he would play.