Just what we require (new fans group formed)

I know 2 people in VB. One was a pupil of mine and the other I met in a 'Gers chat room. He was a sparks who rewired my house. I applied to join lots of 'gers groups many years ago now, but VB asked for references from existing members. I quoted these 2 guys who knew me.

Black affronted when I got knocked back

what did i do wrong ?

6 minutes ago, colinstein said:

I know 2 people in VB. One was a pupil of mine and the other I met in a 'Gers chat room. He was a sparks who rewired my house. I applied to join lots of 'gers groups many years ago now, but VB asked for references from existing members. I quoted these 2 guys who knew me.

what did i do wrong ?

You’re not a bigot or right wing. Simples.

17 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

There are quite a few members on here who are or have been members of VB so please avoid suggesting that all members of VB are bigots.

As for your other point, I'm sure CS's political views may have had something to do with him being rejected.

36 minutes ago, colinstein said:

what did i do wrong ?

Putting this in the Any Other Observations in Support of Your Application section was, I suspect, less than helpful:

In the context of the theory of Marxist revolutionary struggle, vanguardism is a strategy whereby the most class-conscious and politically advanced sections of the proletariat or working class, described as the revolutionary vanguard, form organizations in order to draw larger sections of the working class towards revolutionary politics and serve as manifestations of proletarian political power against its class enemies.

Edited by Uilleam

1 hour ago, plgsarmy said:

I made a comment on Twitter that it was wrong to ask for money without giving the names of who was involved. I got told to go and shove a straw up James Blair’s a*se from someone who turned out to be one of the ‘committee’.?

You don't need to be psychic to know what this is about. All you have to do is look back and see what some of those involved have done and their apparent motives.

Primarily this isn't about Rangers, it's about getting at other Rangers fans, groups, and the Rangers board until they cause enough 'bother' to do 'damage' to them. They obviously oppose the board in a way that goes beyond the current and deserved general criticism but do they have serious alternatives................Don't forget, many of their past opinions, behaviour and choices are somewhat tainted.

IMO this is more about deconstructive motives than constructive but everyone is free to throw their money at them, if they want.

I'm hoping someone can explain this to me.  I keep hearing or reading about people who want rid of DK, and I understand everyone will have their own views about how good he is for the club.  The query I have is why did these people wait until he arrived before they made their efforts to buy the shares from him.  As far as I understand it, DK only bought in because no one else could/would.  Have I misunderstood this?

Is it that these people had money but sat back hoping that someone they approved of would buy the club?  I really don't understand and there seems to be many in the know people on here so I thought I'd ask.

I know we all hope the managerial issues get sorted out.  I do too, but a bonus is that then we can get back to discussing the team, the tactics, the formations, etc.  All this splinter group, infighting and boardroom politics is just complex and not nearly as interesting.  Well, not for me anyway.  I just want to see my team play good football and win.

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

what did i do wrong ?

Perhaps the two guys knew you better than you thought?

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

That's beneath even you. You know nothing of Vanguardbears and it certainly doesn't base it's values on silly political tribalism.

I am not so sure it is a bad thing to have a radical group as long as they are honest with everyone on there aims. It is worse if we all baa like sheep following one leader.