Just what we require (new fans group formed)

• Frankie changed the title to Just what we require (new fans group formed)
2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

"New members must be proposed and seconded by two existing members. All applications will go before a recruitment committee. The decision of the committee is final and, in the case of a refusal, there will be no appeal."

Not an easy organisation to join.

I read on RM that it's VB endorsed although they aren't behind it, but given that a random Gers fan can't join easily, it seems to have some of the same ethos that VB does.

It does have the advantage of keeping out the usual lurkers and saboteurs but in the long run vetting also leads to most people becoming aggressively sycophantic, with endless backslapping and an SNP-like attitude to dissenting opinion, which is broadly why I left VB after many years - great motivation and unmatched at action before bullshit but ultimately stifling.

1 hour ago, boabie said:

Mentioned in this report but it's behind a paywall so I can't get the full story  --

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14192726.Fans_shareholder_group_director_quits_while_row_erupts_over___500k_loan_plan_to_Rangers/

Ah. That was Rangers First. I was referring to the RFFF. Yes,  it looks as if it's the same guy that resigned from RF due to James Blair's shenanigans. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

It does have the advantage of keeping out the usual lurkers and saboteurs but in the long run vetting also leads to most people becoming aggressively sycophantic, with endless backslapping and an SNP-like attitude to dissenting opinion, which is broadly why I left VB after many years - great motivation and unmatched at action before bullshit but ultimately stifling.

You left the Vanguard Bears ... because it was too much like the SNP?!

:roflmao2:

If we had a point for every time I had heard that!

20 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I have no idea who they are? or what their intentions are? however I would think Rangers fans will decide by their own thoughts which body to follow?

... or none.