Paul Murray And Barry Scott Resign

7 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think it's definitely bad for two reasons;

1. If there was a normal explanation they would have given it
  2. The timing is terrible for unexplained board resignations, if there was a normal explanation they'd have timed this differently to prevent the perception of chaos at the club

Main worry for me is that they've lost confidence in King. Could be they've been asked to cough up more money for Gerrard's warchest too when existing loans aren't being repaid.

It's obviously possible that it is bad.  Maybe even likely given the era but it isn't definite.

One possible reason for the lack of explanation could be that it is related to an impending announcement that can't be discussed openly just now.

Paul Murray doesn’t have much money (in football terms) but he does have strong investment management skills and as a result should have good contacts. He went round City of London a few years ago asking for cash but without much success. A mate of mine was asked but declined (good decision financially).  It is unlikely he would be able to put significant personal cash into the club. 

He has put an awful lot of emotion goodwill and energy into the club and it has been an obsession for him. It would however be a strange time for him to choose to leave if we are in the brink of something exciting. 

I guess thats the question, ‘have they been asked to leave or chosen to leave?’

Good or bad I would agree it is a significant development particularly in Murray’s case as he’s blue through and through and lives for the club. 

54 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

Who's Barry Scott? Shame about Paul Murray though, i always thought he was true blue.

Recently announced director Barry Scott, a Hong Kong-based businessman, has also been afforded the same title in the club’s ‘People with Significant Control’ register with Companies House.

In the document, it is stated that “The person has the right to exercise, or actually exercises, significant influence or control over the company.”

Paul Murray is a chartered accountant, which is another reason to worry for me. He has pledged that the club won't get into financial trouble again. Negotiations resume with Gerrard tomorrow - who we know is seeking financial assurances - and the board will have been debating how much to promise him in the transfer market. My best guess is the majority of board members are planning to promise him an amount Paul Murray thought would put the club in financial danger.

Edited by DMAA

I think the most probably reason for them stepping down is some sort of disagreement within the Board - that tends to be the common reason for resignations.  Maybe they didn't support the SG approach/appointment, maybe they don't agree with a potential investment "source" or opportunity.  Makybe they didn't agree with letting Murty go.  Maybe they just think DK's a d*ck & don't want to work with him.

I won't miss Paul Murray any more than the other Murrays we've endured over the years. I knew Paul during his 3i days and I can think of few people I'd less like to be running a business. Accountants are like car mechanics - they know lots about how things work under the bonnet but you wouldn't hire them in place of Lewis Hamilton.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

I won't miss Paul Murray any more than the other Murrays we've endured over the years. I knew Paul during his 3i days and I can think of few people I'd less like to be running a business. Accountants are like car mechanics - they know lots about how things work under the bonnet but you wouldn't hire them in place of Lewis Hamilton.

Lewis Hamilton wouldn't be a NED.

If you are looking for a numbers man who has his hands, at least partly on the steering wheel and possibly with a navigator beside him, then it's Stewart Robertson who would be more relevant.

32 minutes ago, alskoosher said:

Recently announced director Barry Scott, a Hong Kong-based businessman, has also been afforded the same title in the club’s ‘People with Significant Control’ register with Companies House.

In the document, it is stated that “The person has the right to exercise, or actually exercises, significant influence or control over the company.”

All the directors of RIFC have been registered as that. It's meaningless in this case, other than it's an extension of being a director.