The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

23 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'm now fully expecting Windass to be leaving shortly.  He has just liked his dad's comment about the 3m release clause.  I don't know what game he's playing but the guy is an idiot.  I know he's our player, but let's face it, he is a liability and we'd be better off without him.  He seems to have no appreciation for the consequences of using social media for some of his messages and responses.  If we get 3m or more for him, I'd take it.

If Windass does go, then finding someone to replace the 18-goals he scored last season must be a priority.

2 hours ago, lenny3k said:

pretty sure he's a DM/holding midfielder so don't think we should be expecting many goals

He’s played a total of 62 games in French football since 2015. Has he been injured? Not good enough?

Agreed, if he is going then get him gone, there I no point in dragging out, but I agree 3Mill is not enough for him so we need to get the best deal for us.

He is a good player when things are going well, when his head is down though he I as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

2 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

He’s played a total of 62 games in French football since 2015. Has he been injured? Not good enough?

It's not bad for a youngster, for me. He's only just turned 22. 

9 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Agreed, if he is going then get him gone, there I no point in dragging out, but I agree 3Mill is not enough for him so we need to get the best deal for us.

He is a good player when things are going well, when his head is down though he I as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

You'd imagine SG as well as making his own judgement on him as a player, will have already taken him aside, looked him in the eye and asked him if he wants to be here or not.

ie. moves will already be in gear to punt him...... or....... mgmt team consider him part of things going forward.

The noise, that include father and son, suggest the former........ but we'd only be guessing.

Edited by buster.

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Windass is probably the most improved player I’ve seen in a long time.

Totally unrecognisable from the player the previous season.

If only the management had used him better ...  he was time and again thrown in to be the creative attacking midfielder or shadow striker and after his goal against the Scum at Ibrox, essentially vanished totally from the field of play despite being there. Would do very well in the English environment, where he will get time and space for his style of play.

People will disagree, but we paid next top nothing for him and 3m+ will be a major coup and will help SG improve the squad even more.

Edited by der Berliner