The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Sounds like Cooper is beyond our means. Could be we’re trying our luck, or it could be he was a back up to Goldson and his name has only just come out, but it sounds as though he’s going nowhere for less than a few million quid. They only signed him last summer so his contract won’t be near expiring. 

It’s a long shot but if Gerrard plans on spending big on a 3rd centre back it would be reminiscent of Martin O’Neill building a rock solid back 3 of big bruisers. It would certainly stand is in good stead for difficult away games at Celtic and Hibs to have such quality at the back. Unlikely I think though still. 

Somewhere behind the "remove your adblocker"- and pay-barrier the Scotsman says we are still favourites to sign Jermaine Defoe. Some other less "reliable" sources say that we are after Danny Ings.

Meanwhile, Foderingham has supposedly told he can go, while Hodson is being a loan target of Rotherham.

The last two bits can be found in the Sun, no need to click, as this is all the info in the article.

As I said before, I think transfer activity will easy off for the next week (maybe) until SG can really get a feel for how the players perform in a match situation - I think tomorrows game @ Ibrox will play a big part in his future acquisitions.  I also think that some of the existing players will have been told as much - it is their opportunity to stake a claim for a jersey going forward.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Somewhere behind the "remove your adblocker"- and pay-barrier the Scotsman says we are still favourites to sign Jermaine Defoe. Some other less "reliable" sources say that we are after Danny Ings.

Meanwhile, Foderingham has supposedly told he can go, while Hodson is being a loan target of Rotherham.

The last two bits can be found in the Sun, no need to click, as this is all the info in the article.

He'd be a good signing ,but think Defoe's £65,000 pw could be a slight problem for us.

Not heard of the boy cooper before but he sounds like a pretty highly rated youngster after a quick google search. Is he within our reach, who knows.

As for Defoe and Ings, both really exciting, even with Defoe at the age he is and Ings with the knees he has (Didn't realise he was only 25) . We would really need to be getting them on reduced wages, there is no way we could justify spending that amount of money on Ings having the same injury record as Rossiter, also with Defoe being the age he is I would hope his wages would also be reduced.

Surely they can't command that big a wage, I could see a team like burnley taking a punt on ings because they know him, but surely its to much of a risk.

I'd love us to sign Defoe.  He would be the biggest thing in Scottish football in the last 10 years.  However, I just can't imagine that happening.  As Franc said, his salary is likely to be well beyond our reach, and I'd imagine there would be a long list of clubs interested in signing him.  He might be in his thirties but he's definitely still as sharp as ever and able to score 20 goals a season.  For me, that puts him out of our league but I'll keep everything crossed that he's willing to reduce his salary just to get the chance to wear one of those fine three new strips.  Either that, or Stevie G has some compromising photos of him.

I know it is the scum! however we have been reported to be interested in getting him in on loan.

Liverpool's Harry Wilson attracting major interest as Jurgen Klopp prepares to run the rule over

winger

Brendan Rodgers wants to take Wilson to Celtic, but Liverpool will not allow Wilson to move to the Hoops

Liverpool are considering a dozen requests from Championship clubs to take Harry Wilson on loan – but Jurgen Klopp is in no rush to make a decision on the talented young winger.

The 21-year-old Welshman enhanced his reputation with a successful spell at Hull City last season and returned to Melwood this week on a mission to force his way into Klopp's plans for the 2018/19 campaign.

Wilson will feature in the Reds' domestic friendlies – starting at Chester FC on Saturday – as the manager considers whether to keep him as part of the squad or sanction another loan.

What has been ruled out is the possibility of Wilson going to Celtic, who were desperate to secure his services.

Their loan offer has been snubbed on the basis that Liverpool were concerned about the Scottish champions' use of loan signings from Premier League clubs last season.

Former Reds boss Brendan Rodgers snapped up Patrick Roberts from Manchester City and Charly Musonda from Chelsea but both found their opportunities limited in 2017/18. Musonda was recalled just six months into his 18-month loan due to a lack of playing time.

If Wilson is loaned out it will be to an English club who can provide guarantees that he will be handed a regular starting spot. There would be financial penalties if he wasn't given sufficient game time.

Wilson scored seven goals in 13 league appearances for Hull in the second half of last season to lift them away from the drop zone.

The Tigers are one of a dozen Championship clubs who have so far enquired about taking him on loan – the others are Aston Villa, Leeds, Derby, Stoke, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Preston, QPR, Reading, Swansea and West Brom.

Liverpool's loan pathways and football partnerships manager Julian Ward will speak to the interested parties over the coming weeks and establish where he would fit into their plans and discuss finances before presenting the options to Klopp and sporting director Michael Edwards.

What happens next will be influenced by the impact Wilson makes in pre-season. After Saturday's game at Chester, there are further friendlies against Tranmere, Bury and Blackburn before the Reds fly off on their tour of America on July 20.

Klopp is a big admirer of Wilson and sees a massive future for the Academy Player of the Year at Anfield. The Reds boss was highly impressed by what he achieved at Hull last season.

Ultimately, the decision will come down to what Klopp believes is best for his development - using him as back-up to wingers Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane or giving him more regular action elsewhere.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-harry-wilson-attracting-major-14869164

Rangers could be set to bolster their squad at both ends of the pitch, according to today's transfer rumours.

The Light Blues have emerged as favourites to land the signature of Tottenham legend Jermain Defoe, who is back in pre-season training with current club Bournemouth. The 35-year-old started only 11 Premier League games for the Cherries last season and BetVictor reckon he's most likely to end up north of the border this summer. They've installed Rangers as 3/1 favourites to be utilising the ex England striker's services come the close of the window, with Leeds and Nottingham Forest rated at 10/1.

Meanwhile, with Bruno Alves expected to finalise a move to Parma, Rangers boss Steven Gerrard is keen on landing Milwall defender Jake Cooper as a replacement, according to the Daily Mail. The report says the 23-year-old centre-half would cost a seven-figure sum.

Belfast Telegraph Digital

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/rangers-linked-with-ex-england-striker-and-championship-defender-transfer-rumours-37083515.html