The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Steven Gerrard is not slowing down after securing Rangers’ 11th signing of the summer in Borna Barisic, according to Krupa president Drasko Ilic. He claims that he has received a bid from Rangers for Elvir Koljic, after the Bosnian striker made a red-hot start to the season with five goals in just three league games.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/08/blogs/rangers-make-bid-for-striker-elvir-koljic/

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Point being that either you have cash in the bank (we don't) or you go out and get the funds through debt or investment (shares). Since we haven't yet had a share issue, we must be using debt to finance current expenditure, albeit that much of the cash liability won't materialise for some time. We could of course be acquiring private debt (rather than bank debt) against future share issues.

it is something of a puzzle, but as they say, you have to speculate to accumulate. I imagine it is debt, perhaps underwritten. 

It is not as puzzling as the fhilthfc financial model, which, according to the Scottish media, consists of Mr Dermot Desmond "getting the cheque book out" to cover acquisitions and emoluments, every now and then, when needed. I mean, how does that work? Is it a gift, is it a loan, is it taxable, does it meet FFP regulations? Or is the media uttering utter tripe? 

Edited by Uilleam

Elvir Koljić & Armin Hodzic both fit the profile we should be looking at. But I'm surprised we're not in for someone with genuine aerial prowess. Koljic is 6ft1 so maybe he's good in the air. But we've been playing a lot of long ball and Morelos and Windass haven't been winning anything because it's not their game. We need to be retaining possession from those long balls.

If Ipswich have offered 1.2 that is an utterly derisory offer, your right craig they can triple it or feck off, plus put a massive sell on clause in his contract. I hate that teams like Ipswich are coming in with offers like that, just shows you what they think of our league.

Uilleam I don't think Desmond can do that now because of FFP, I don't think he can just open up the cheque book, I might be mistaken but I'm sure everything needs to be accounted for, not sure if they will be able to make a work around so he can do that and comply with FFP, who knows.

DMAA I had a quick look a him on youtube last night (I know), he does seem to score a few headed goals, will see if he can make the step up, I'm surprised we aren't going for an experienced striker.

If we're calling for a sell-on clause in any sale of Josh Windass, does that mean we accept he has more ability than we've been able to exploit and that Ipswich might make him a more valuable player when we can't?

Just now, Bill said:

If we're calling for a sell-on clause in any sale of Josh Windass, does that mean we accept he has more ability than we've been able to exploit and that Ipswich might make him a more valuable player when we can't?

Simply means players from the English championship are valued higher than those from Scottish leagues.

Just now, trublusince1982 said:

Simply means players from the English championship are valued higher than those from Scottish leagues.

Funny how Celtic and their media pals seem to be able to talk up valuations to a much higher level. I imagine the derisory Ipswich offer is at least partly driven by an awareness of the widespread debate among the Rangers support about his worth. It's the message we seem determined to send out about some of our players.