New sponsor/ investor rumour

When Paul Murray and Barry Scott resigned from the board this was seen as being done to provide space for new directors who would be investing money in the club.  Since it appears that, for the moment, there are no new investors why did Murray and Scott resign?

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

When Paul Murray and Barry Scott resigned from the board this was seen as being done to provide space for new directors who would be investing money in the club.  Since it appears that, for the moment, there are no new investors why did Murray and Scott resign?

Apparently Paul was for personal reasons and Barry was because had too many other interests.

8 hours ago, trublusince1982 said:

He said no discussions on finance took place with steven.

Why would a guy who has never managed a club and not received an offer from as big a club as ours need to know about money to convince him? Was just usual culprits putting two and two together then kidding on they have knowledge from the club

Decision to hire Gerrard was done over ten days not four months as king said nothing indepth took place. As have been saying for a while king had full control of selection this time and he will cover whats needed to entice him. 

Thats fair enough TB. To be honest with you its the first public strategy the board has made that has pissed me right off.  If you're gonna take the gamble on glamour then you throw your chips in behind it or you make sure you've got enough chips to back it up if need be. You don't go in with two bob and a fucking power card!

16 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Apparently Paul was for personal reasons and Barry was because had too many other interests.

Did you get that info from someone "itk"?  

1 hour ago, Walterbear said:

I’ll have a pint of what you’re drinking dB. We are running at a loss. We are nowhere near the CL group phase.  Our bank facility is equivalent to a crisis loan. I saw on another post we were a ‘white British Protestant club’.  Folk need to wake up and smell the coffee. We need money. Go figure. 

41Q3bGLaXrL._SX342_.jpg

Bought it about 5 days before Gerrard was first mentioned. I think I'll pick my next strong beer carefully ...

As for the money, you are absolutely correct. Every club in Scotland bar the Scum is running at a loss (well, they do too, but get enough CL cash to cancel that out). That will only change if we sell some players and/or we enter the premium European competition. Even if we'd find an investor, the ways of investing into the club are limited, given the current structure. Accepting that we will be running on a small to moderate loss for a time is thus only facing the reality.

All this talk of nomads, isn't it the case under UK company law that a public limited company can issue shares publicly without a stock exchange listing?

Is that not fundamental to raising capital but retaining control (albeit the number of possible shareholders is limited)?

1 minute ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

All this talk of nomads, isn't it the case under UK company law that a public limited company can issue shares publicly without a stock exchange listing?

Of course.

You can buy BrewDog shares (unlisted on any market  not even J.P. Jenkins!) over the counter in any of their pubs.