Tims allocation cut for next season -official

The Celtic fans behaviour has been getting out of control Stevie. The atmosphere is irrelevant when children are being deafened by flashbangs at a football match. The Celtic players themselves have been inciting their fans and it is clear that the authorities cannot manage them. That makes a potentially dangerous situation. 

If we can look after our own fans first that is more important and rewarding them with STs which include the biggest games is essential.

We don’t need them in our stadium providing a spectacle for the watching world whilst injuring 10 year old Rangers fans. 

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:48, Unicorn said:

This should have been done when we first came back up.  Better late than never though.

Since they all voted us out of the league things changed, obviously! and I for one will never forgive them. All I care about is Rangers and Rangers fans so I am delighted with the decision to put them in the corner like all other teams allowing more Rangers fans into Ibrox.

The fact that they have done the same means less Rangers fans at the piggery and while I have some sympathy for them I believe it is the correct decision. As I said everything has changed in Scottish football when they all tried to kill our club, the good old days are gone, we need look after our own fans first.

Leeann Dempster has insisted she won’t hesitate to slash ticket allocations for visiting supporters, declaring: “Hibs fans will always come first.” The Easter Road chief executive ruffled the feathers of Rangers when she halved the number of tickets available to their fans for the final game of the season, the Ibrox club claiming the decision “beggars belief” and promising it would be kept in mind for future visits to Govan by the Capital club.

Hibs made the move after their own supporters snapped up tickets, selling out the other three stands of their ground, for a match which, potentially, could have decided second place in the Premiership. Consequently, home supporters took up half the South Stand which has traditionally housed away fans, a near sell-out crowd of 19,579 justifying the decision, one which Dempster insisted she’ll make again if need be.

Rangers themselves have since announced even Celtic will get a severely reduced allocation of tickets at Ibrox next season, a move which will allow them to sell thousands more season tickets and one which their Old Firm rivals say they’ll be “happy to reciprocate”.Dempster firmly feels every club has the right to make such decisions, saying: “There’s an element of supply and demand and ultimately I don’t believe that any football club coming into a final game of the season and a run of games where you already have three stands sold out, that you would sell to the opposing team irrespective of who that team is and irrespective of what has happened in the past.

“Every club wants to look after its own supporters, its priority has to be that and for me that’s exactly what we were doing. There was an early demand from our fans that we wanted to meet. I don’t understand what is controversial about that.”Dempster pointed out that in a season in which average gates soared to their highest since the mid-1950s and season ticket sales hit an all-time record, Hibs fans had regularly been accommodated in the South Stand. She said: “We monitored it all season.“There were home supporters in that stand for the visits of Kilmarnock and Aberdeen and we’d had discussions with those clubs as well about allocations.

Aberdeen wanted more a couple of times and we had to refuse them.“If there’s a need again, we’ll do it again. Absolutely. It’s important to me that the people who come to support this club week in, week out, are looked after.“You want the away supporters to come to a good stadium and environment and other than the result, enjoy their day. But it’s the home fans for me.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....y-cut-away-ticket-allocations-again-1-4746596

She is quite right. Of course the DR highlights that statement as cutting Rangers allocation again when she specifically states it may happen irrespective of any particular club. 

No Rangers fan should buy the record. 

9 hours ago, Stevieb77 said:

I think this move penalises the loyal away fans (who btw are the MOST loyal fans)  & will also ruin the atmosphere.

I'd agree and that's the biggest issue with the decision, but I still think overall it's the correct decision to reduce the numbers of away fans.