Tims allocation cut for next season -official

48 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Leeann Dempster has insisted she won’t hesitate to slash ticket allocations for visiting supporters, declaring: “Hibs fans will always come first.”

“Every club wants to look after its own supporters, its priority has to be that and for me that’s exactly what we were doing. There was an early demand from our fans that we wanted to meet. I don’t understand what is controversial about that.”

I don't have an issue with that approach but I'm against where clubs reduce our allocation and just have empty seats instead of away fans like Motherwell did in the past.

47 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't have an issue with that approach but I'm against where clubs reduce our allocation and just have empty seats instead of away fans like Motherwell did in the past.

On the contrary, that's the perfect situation.

Empty seats because they can't sell the tickets = no income.

Empty seats because they won't sell the tickets = lost income.

She is quite right to do this, we can't disagree with what she is doing and agree about us doing the same!.  She is trying to sell STs' and also kind of backing us up in a way. Her problem will be if they don't sell enough tickets! then Hibs will offer more tickets to Rangers!.

Seems there is only uproar when Rangers do it!

Edited by ian1964

A quick look at the stats says that Easter Road holds 20,250 spectators. In their 19 home games 344,315 people made it there, which is an average of 18,122 per game. That's 2,130odd people below full house. Only in games against us, the Scum and Hearts did they break the 20k margin.

Given that probably half of those who attended the Cup Final shame-game would normally wear hooped jerseys, I would assume they will even "sell out" their ground when we visit next season, with some friends from Lennoxtown paying a visit.

Generally, it will be but a couple of teams making a meal of this ... and have already done so. The rest won't sell out their Ibrox away allocation anyways, so why would they bother?

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not against them having empty seats.  They will kill themselves with their own hatred of us.  If they prefer empty seats over paying customers then they deserve all they get.

I do get your point though.