Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres

Quite a tough draw;

5: Apollon Limassol (CYP)/Dinamo Brest (BLR)

6: Hapoel Haifa (ISR)/Atalanta (ITA)

7: Ufa (RUS) /Progrès Niederkorn (LUX)

8: Slovan Bratislava (SVK)/Rapid Wien (AUT)

It's quite easy to predict who'll get through in all but one so I'm going to rank our possible opponents if we get past Maribor from hardest to easiest ;

1. Atalanta
  2. Rapid Wien
  3. FK Ufa
  4. Apollon Limassol

I think we'd be major underdogs againt Atalanta, hopeful underdogs against Rapid and Ufa and favourites against Limassol.

Hibs on the other hand are as good as out even if they get past Molde.

A possibility of meeting Progrès again. That would be the favoured one for me. Not just because it's easier opposition than some of the others but also a chance to cleanse that particular stain. Ufa will be favourites but so were we.

Still have to negotiate Maribor but I find myself in a confident mood about that. We have now gone 5 competitive games undefeated and aside from the fact that's a good run in comparison to recent seasons the performances have been good and getting better.

And the fact is at the end of last season few if any of us would have expected us to be in with a realistic chance of making the play off round.

• Frankie changed the title to Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres
2 minutes ago, craig said:

We get either Progres or Ufa

We definitely have a good chance of getting past them. 

But how on on earth do Celtic get an easier team than we do to get to the Champions League group!? According to transfermarkt Malmo’s squad is worth £14.5m and FK Ufa’s squad is valued at £27m. Unbelievable.