[FT] Osijek 0 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 18)

Delighted with the result but I think we may need to score more than once at home next week to go through.

We’re still giving the ball away too much needlessly when under no real pressure for my liking

1 minute ago, DevilBlue WeeThe said:

For crying out loud!! Ok.....just for you Wolf - MeMeMemeMeMe......ad infinitum

26 minutes ago, DevilBlue WeeThe said:

I'm outta here. The delusional BS is too much to take. We are nowhere near yet!

^  This is the kind of thing I expect from a wee lassie on her period, and to announce you're leaving in the huff when your team is winning 1-0 makes you look a  tool. If you don't know how to celebrate a Rangers win then go talk to someone. 

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

We’re still giving the ball away too much needlessly when under no real pressure for my liking

Agreed and that was annoying as when we did settle on the ball, we played some nice stuff.

We just need to add a bit more composure, a bit more tempo and a bit more quality in the final third and we'll do better.

Important to add, we're deliberately sitting deep in the last two games so we should see a different outlook next week despite the lead.

I thought we looked quite nervous at times in defence Tav had one of his off games other than the ball in for Morelos goal. Both Flanagan and Katic looked a half yard off the pace but battled through it as the tried to play round us on either wing. Kent looks like he could be dangerous once he's match sharp and put a proper shift in. Jack and Coulibaly in midfield looked fairly solid and that tackle just outside our box from Coulibaly in the last few minutes was something we've been missing in there for a long time it was a great tackle at first I though that guys not getting up from that. Looks promising as we build our team for the new season. 

Happy with the result. We defended very deep in the second half, created very little, gave them the odd sniff. Would like to see us hold the ball and create but maybe asking too much at this stage. As we all know Tavernier has his good points but seemed lost at times against the bandaged heid boy on the left and lost the ball in the air a few times,

7 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Agreed and that was annoying as when we did settle on the ball, we played some nice stuff.

We just need to add a bit more composure, a bit more tempo and a bit more quality in the final third and we'll do better.

Important to add, we're deliberately sitting deep in the last two games so we should see a different outlook next week despite the lead.

Frankie I think a lot will change as players get used to playing with each other , we had a brand new midfield playing for the first time tonight , all in all we need to cut them some slack .3 games , 3 clean sheets .

A good result,some decent performances,some ridiculous defensive errors(Flanagan & Tav) could have cost us.

Agreed Kent made some decent runs into space but I don't recall him actually beating a man.

Felt more at ease though with defence overall.

Morelos my MOM followed closely by Jack who seems lucky to play on after that horrendous assault.

Excellent result !

Rode our luck a little but we deserve some in Europe, for a change.

Now we have to finish the job at Ibrox. We are in a very good position but the tie is still alive.

Whisper it, but that chink of light towards the group stages just got a little brighter.

I watched the last half hour of the Maribor tie and saw nothig out of the ordinary.