[FT] Motherwell 3 - 3 Rangers (Lafferty 15, 38; Ejaria 43)

2 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

You better have a word with Frankie (post 167) as well. To answer your question, I like Tavenier but he was poor defensively today. Also thought McGregor poor at 3rd goal, maybe I don’t like him either.

Maybe you should have mentioned more than Tav in your post? I don't need to look at Frankies post! the whole team were poor in the 2nd half, no?

You better have a word with Frankie (post 167) as well. To answer your question, I like Tavenier but he was poor defensively today. Also thought McGregor poor at 3rd goal, maybe I don’t like him either.

We've known Tav is not a great defender for a long time. Problem is he's captain so can't really leave him out.

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm not sure? What do we learn from playing a back 3 in a game we would dominate? I would go back to the back 4

Nope, most teams come to Ibrox to dig in and counter. A back-3 will free up someone for MF to dominate possession in their half. We could actually drop Tav and play Candeias (tracks back a lot), Barisic going forward is almost equally as effective. Keep them in their half and let the back-3 and one DM cover our defence.

the 3-5-2 formation didn't work imo. 

However today proved to me that Rangers have metal and there is lots of fight in the team. We went behind twice and almost won it when was the last time that happen? 

Putting wallace on was the right decision imo break up play and add more defenders on. 

Yes I thought McGregor could have come for the corner but overall we let them cross balls into the box far too often.

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

We've known Tav is not a great defender for a long time. Problem is he's captain so can't really leave him out.

.. was wondering, why we did not bring on Candeias when they were tearing Tav a new one on the right. He's good at covering back ...

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

If Motherwell played like that in all home games they'd probably make the Top 6.

#CupFinalSyndrome.............but we have to deal with it.

If Motherwell play like that all season they should apply to the Pro-14 league next season. They are a horrible team

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Nope, most teams come to Ibrox to dig in and counter. A back-3 will free up someone for MF to dominate possession in their half. We could actually drop Tav and play Candeias (tracks back a lot), Barisic going forward is almost equally as effective. Keep them in their half and let the back-3 and one DM cover our defence.

Fair points dude

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Maybe you should have mentioned more than Tav in your post? I don't need to look at Frankies post! the whole team were poor in the 2nd half, no?

What is your problem? Tavenier let his man go for 2nd goal also 3rd. Why would I mention any other player?