[FT] Ufa 1 - 1 Rangers (Ejaria 9)

I just watched the first game again last night and they never looked anything to worry about, they were more concerned stopping us scoring for the whole match, I appreciate this is at their place and on an artificial surface in hot conditions, but unless they were playing 100% unlike they normally play, which I doubt! I can see us scoring a couple over there as regardless of how they intend to set up they will need to open up a bit to score, they didn't have any players that worried me, bring it on!

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I just watched the first game again last night and they never looked anything to worry about, they were more concerned stopping us scoring for the whole match, I appreciate this is at their place and on an artificial surface in hot conditions, but unless they were playing 100% unlike they normally play, which I doubt! I can see us scoring a couple over there as regardless of how they intend to set up they will need to open up a bit to score, they didn't have any players that worried me, bring it on!

In the several minutes they did aggressively look to score at Ibrox (just after we scored) we went to sleep and they had two excellent chances.

They need to win this game and sooner or later they will come at us.

I'd imagine this will include an initial mini-onslaught in the first few minutes.

We need to try and take advantage on the counter. I'd like to see Kent have his best game in a Rangers top thus far.

Just back from holiday where due to time difference was watching last weeks match at midnight or so, back home and 3pm's on a Thursday.  Very weird lol

I'm so nervous, but quietly excited, about the next few days.

Think Frankies team will be about right,  stuck a fiver on both centre halfs for fgs. Katic is 40s with skybet but goldson best with bet365 33s

Dont know if my nerves will cope over the next few days lol.

Mon The Rangers

#letsgo

I can still remember some of my early visits to the dentist.  It was terrifying.  These days however, I'm quite relaxed and don't mind going.

I can also remember how I felt the first time I started a new role at work.  I was so nervous.  These days however I can move to new organisations with very little concern.

Thats the value of experience though isn't it.  As time moves on you find ways to manage your anxieties and nerves.

So why is it that my nerves this week are completely shredded?!?

Is it because we are so concerned that our team may fail?  I don't think so, because this team is more capable than those from the last few years.  Is it because these games mean so much to us?  Again I don't think so because all games against European opposition and Celtic are important.

Could the reason for our collectve increase in anxiety be due to our expectation that this may actually be our time?  I think we are all thinking along similar lines, that with a little bit of luck we could actually have a successful season, including a decent run in Europe.

I'm trying to remember a time when I've been more nervous, and other than the end of the nine in a row season, and our UEFA final, I can't think of any time that I've felt like this about our team.  55 means more to me than any other achievement in the club's history.  I think that's why we have built Sunday's game up so much in our heads.  It's a sense that everything (including corruption, abuse, discrimination, bias) we've faced recently could all be worth it if we reach that magical league title again.

Tonight however is our opportunity to ensure that this season is already regarded as successful.  If we win tonight, we are guaranteed that our team next season will be further improved as a result of the increased prestige and funds coming to the club, and that finally the financial gap to Celtic begins to reduce.  There's so much riding on tonight's game, and the weekend.  This is what supporting our club is all about.  This is the type of stage we've been desperate to return to.  I feel it's our time.  Rangers, please make it so.  Let's go!

i think it is important though if results don't go our way this week that there isn't an over reaction.  People still need to tailor their expectations and remember this is a rebuilding job that will take time and several transfer windows.  Gerrard and his staff didn't sign 1 year deals and need time to build on a solid start.