How do you solve a problem like Morelos?

I’d give Morelos one last chance. As much as I like him for his strength, hold up play and finishing from close range, he’s still not really there in terms of timing his runs to stay on-side and isn’t a natural goal scorer from further out or one on one with the goalie. However, he works hard, can sometimes create a goals from nothing and causes defenses problems. But if he continues to act like a spoilt wee kid then he threatens the team spirit that has been created and will eventually be resented by his team mates. They got him out of jail tonight. 

If I was SG, I’d be telling him that he does it again and he’s out. We can’t afford to take the risk. 

I’d also be tempted to drop him on Sunday, but I really want him to score against them and I think we need him. But it’s a close call tbh, because Laff could also do a job against them. 

Edited by weebluedevil

1 minute ago, weebluedevil said:

I’d give Morelos one last chance. As much as I like him for his strength, hold up play and finishing from close range, he’s still not really there in terms of timing his runs to stay on-side and isn’t a natural goal scorer from further out or one on one with the goalie. However, he works hard, can sometimes create a goals from nothing and causes defenses problems. But if he continues to act like a spoilt wee kid then he threatens the team spirit that has been created and will eventually be resented by his team mates. They got him out of jail tonight. 

If I was SG, I’d be telling him that he does it again and he’s out. We can’t afford to take the risk. 

SG himself has said he'd like the club to improve AM's contract.

Now, what do we do ?

What we can't do is let relationships go down the tubes and have him leave for next to nothing.

Ideally get someone else in tomorrow and take the first opportunity to offload.

I would show him the videos, explain what he did, ask him what was going through his head, involve his mum and dad to explain to him that his behaviour was jeapordising his career and I’d give him another chance. I’d also expect him to apologise to the rest of the team on his own volition. But I wouldn’t do anything until next week. I’d put him on the bench for the scum and give him 15 minutes. 

39 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

I would show him the videos, explain what he did, ask him what was going through his head, involve his mum and dad to explain to him that his behaviour was jeapordising his career and I’d give him another chance. I’d also expect him to apologise to the rest of the team on his own volition. But I wouldn’t do anything until next week. I’d put him on the bench for the scum and give him 15 minutes. 

Yes he needs an arm about him and explaining where he is going wrong. hard Hand tactics with Alfredo will have a negative effect on him.

1 minute ago, Franc Ergs said:

Morelos is just Morelos, we take the good with the bad, and just hope that the bad side of him starts to lessen with time.

I believe he will grow up.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

I believe he will grow up.

When though? I get why you would take  the leniency, softly softly approach particularly with Alfredo, but if he does it again and drops us points, will you still be so ‘forgiving’? Hi team mates certainly wouldn’t be. 

Morelos was silly and does have temper issues and could have cost the club big time tonight, he is continually targeted in every match he plays in but he needs to learn to control his temper, he let his team mates down tonight and he knows that and has apologised to his team mates.

However, he has played a big part in us reaching the group stages along with the rest of the squad and is the best striker in Scottish football who will earn the club a massive transfer fee when he eventually leaves Rangers. He is still a young player and still learning, so I suggest we let SG deal with him. He is a Rangers player and works his socks off for the team, let's not have a with hunt.

We are witnessing a huge forward step as a club and we have enough Rangers haters only too willing to slaughter us without turning on our own.

Let's hope Morelos has learned tonight, we need him, and let's get behind him and the whole team for the rest of the season, it could turn out to be a magnificent season for us!.

Something has to be done about him because this just can't go on. I'm confident he cost us 2 points at the sheep in the opening league game and tonight he could have cost us £10 million along with a raised profile and increased attraction for better quality players. And all for absolutely no gain.

He's not making a bad tackle trying to gain us an advantage in the game he's just being an infantile petulant brat in possibly the most important game in our recent history. This can't go on until he costs us big time because that's coming if it does go on.