10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Seriously, did anyone really think Steven Gerrard, with limited funds, was going to get the entire rebuilding job done in a single transfer window?  If not, then why are we finding it so difficult to maintain composure over today's defeat?

I don't think anyone thought that to be fair. I think people are just venting a bit because despite coming a long way (since last season), we still struggled to make any impact on a dreadful Aberdeen team. The EL run has probably skewed perspective somewhat

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I don't think anyone thought that to be fair. I think people are just venting a bit because despite coming a long way (since last season), we still struggled to make any impact on a dreadful Aberdeen team. The EL run has probably skewed perspective somewhat

More than somewhat. You'd think after all we've been through we of all people would understand the extent of the job in front of Steven Gerrard. 

8 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Wow.

He was hardly interested.

Pretty much agree with everything else though.

Got to disagree with that, he was putting himself about a lot, running off the ball, running the lines, mostly to an offside position unfortunately, his tackling was good, but the point i was trying to make was there was no finish or end product just work rate.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

More than somewhat. You'd think after all we've been through we of all people would understand the extent of the job in front of Steven Gerrard. 

Hope is a bastard sometimes. Especially in football  We are making progress and we've brought in some good players. Another thing to remember is that outwith McGregor, Lafferty and Arfield the average age of our squad is very young

10 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

Got to disagree with that, he was putting himself about a lot, running off the ball, running the lines, mostly to an offside position unfortunately, his tackling was good, but the point i was trying to make was there was no finish or end product just work rate.

Fair enough mate, you are entitled to your opinion. But if you think that that is work rate and putting himself about, you'll be blown away by a player who shows real desire and determination to succeed. He tried occasionally but for the most part he swanned about like Tore Andre Flo.

I'll predict that that will be our final glimpse of big Umar unless we have no fit forwards or attacking midfielders available for selection.

Just turned on site and have not read the posts on today's game.

Will therefore make my points:- Dissapointed at being mugged again at this cess-pit stadium,angry at referee  who as usual was crap and most of all really puzzled by SG as it was obvious Sadiq/Coulibally were not up to the standard required today and should not have seen the second half then totally bemused at his substitutions by taking off our two best players on the day and leaving the aforementioned on the pitch.

With today being SG's first BIG test I hate to say IMO he failed.

I knew right from the moment we signed Sadiq that he was effectively going to be another meme player, like Dalcio before him.

From what I saw of him when he was at NAC Breda, he looked nothing special. An insanely average looking player in a bottom half Dutch team.

also a diving bastard.

What is the statistic now? 5 games in a row at Hampden and we haven't won any of them?

We also haven't been to a cup final, nor have we won a cup since Mark Warburton.

Every time we go to Hampden we always fucking bottle it. So fucking frustrating so it is. Winning the League Cup would have provided us with a bit of much needed momentum for the rest of the season and we just blew away any chance of us gaining that momentum.

Fucking pish. The hunger for a trophy continues.

Edited by RTB2004

31 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Fair enough mate, you are entitled to your opinion. But if you think that that is work rate and putting himself about, you'll be blown away by a player who shows real desire and determination to succeed. He tried occasionally but for the most part he swanned about like Tore Andre Flo.

I'll predict that that will be our final glimpse of big Umar unless we have no fit forwards or attacking midfielders available for selection.

Ha considering i have been there when we had many many players with real desire down the years, Baxter, Greig, Jardine, Henderson. Johnston, Cooper, Souness, Laudrup, Gascoigne. an endless list. They all had desire, and work rate, plus an end product. Sadiq couldn't lace their boots. But to say he swanned about, is taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.