18 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's a shame he seems unwilling or incapable of making tactical changes or substitutions when we're not playing well.

He'll have to learn a bit quicker.

Paying £25 to stand next to sheep who are singing about that tackle 30 years ago and then seeing them celebrate like that...I'm not at my most objective.  I'm seriously hacked off with it.  I thought our support was rubbish today as well.

There is a fine line between this and the Warburton approach of subs on the 60 min mark , we simply don't have the options up front or a midfielder such as Albertz that can hurt a team that sits in by firing one in from 30 yards , but these guys are few and far between .

21 minutes ago, rbr said:

You could have written the reactions to this game before we played , if we had won we would be the best thing ever , we lose we are shite , the worst team ever to play football , the reality is we didn't do enough in the last third .We were beaten by a set piece , it happens we need o move on , however the over reaction online is as it usually is way way way over the top.

I thought the manager was spot on in his post match interview , January will be very very interesting .

Good post. Judging from the reactions here I can only assume a lot of people think we're the finished article, instead of the raw work in progress we so obviously are. We're not ready to be winning trophies, it's as simple as that and a few decent EL performances doesn't change the reality of our situation. Sure, we've come a long way since last season but I'd say no more than half way to being the team we all want us to be. While still disappointing, once you accept that, the result today comes into clearer perspective.

2 minutes ago, rbr said:

Don't disagree , but think of where we are now , where we were at the end of last season and the turnover of players in and out .

I still maintain we are in a really good place and the good times will return , every team suffers from injuries and suspensions , we have been unlucky with these IMHO , and the manager held his hands up re Morales in the Ayr game .

However the over the top stuff is mental it really is , Im actually worried im getting old as I don't feel as bad as I would have 30 years ago.

Well said. I know I'll feel like this after a good nights kip. I think it's harder to stomach as it feels 2 steps forward then one step back.

Thanks for being a voice of reason

The old adage ''we couldn't score in a barrels of fannies with a £5 note wrapped round our cock'' rings true. If the game was still going it would still be 1-0.

We flattered to deceive today, lovely wee square balls pining across the centre half, excellent running by Kent and Candeias, but he final product was mince, Tav had two styles of crosses today, overhit and overhit. Ejaria looked sensational beating three men and turning them inside out. Big Sadiq is no Morelos but i actually thought his work rate was pretty good today, apart from tripping over his shoelaces and not knowing the offside rule.

Substitutions were to little to late, if Arfield is in the squad get him on, or at least on at 60mins, not with 10mins to go.

I still can't get my head round how we lost that game today?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

9 minutes ago, rbr said:

Don't disagree , but think of where we are now , where we were at the end of last season and the turnover of players in and out .

I still maintain we are in a really good place and the good times will return , every team suffers from injuries and suspensions , we have been unlucky with these IMHO , and the manager held his hands up re Morales in the Ayr game .

However the over the top stuff is mental it really is , Im actually worried im getting old as I don't feel as bad as I would have 30 years ago.

Think you've been hanging out with McCoist for too long .

The Sadiq gamble didn’t work today.

He looked well short of match fitness & sharpness.

I thought beforehand this game  was going to be difficult without our first & second choice strikers and so it proved.

However I still believe we’re heading in the right direction (at long last) and must expect the odd setback like today.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Seriously, did anyone really think Steven Gerrard, with limited funds, was going to get the entire rebuilding job done in a single transfer window?  If not, then why are we finding it so difficult to maintain composure over today's defeat?

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Good post. Judging from the reactions here I can only assume a lot of people think we're the finished article, instead of the raw work in progress we so obviously are. We're not ready to be winning trophies, it's as simple as that and a few decent EL performances doesn't change the reality of our situation. Sure, we've come a long way since last season but I'd say no more than half way to being the team we all want us to be. While still disappointing, once you accept that, the result today comes into clearer perspective.

I think the truth is somewhere in between Bill. Aberdeen are piss poor and deserved nothing out of that game. It's all too easy to stick nine and ten behind the ball and hope for a wafer thin chance on the break or a set-piece. We contributed to our own downfall by trying to walk the ball into the net with, for the most part, two or three players genuinely capable of beating a man. And even then, those guys aren't top notch; well not yet at least.

I don't buy the notion that we can't win something this season - it's too early to tell. We'll have a better idea once we play our pals again. I maintain, if we were a bit sharper today, were prepared to shoot at goal and on target instead of trying to fashion the perfect chance, even with the hinderance of Sadiq on the pitch, we should be putting Aberdoom away.

SG will be raging. That said, he needs to make changes far sooner. Perseverance is an academy coach's mindset hangover.

9 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

The old adage ''we couldn't score in a barrels of fannies with a £5 note wrapped round our cock'' rings true. If the game was still going it would still be 1-0.

We flattered to deceive today, lovely wee square balls pining across the centre half, excellent running by Kent and Candeias, but he final product was mince, Tav had two styles of crosses today, overhit and overhit. Ejaria looked sensational beating three men and turning them inside out. Big Sadiq is no Morelos but i actually thought his work rate was pretty good today, apart from tripping over his shoelaces and not knowing the offside rule.

Substitutions were to little to late, if Arfield is in the squad get him on, or at least on at 60mins, not with 10mins to go.

I still can't get my head round how we lost that game today?

Wow.

He was hardly interested.

Pretty much agree with everything else though.