[FT] Rangers 0 - 0 Villarreal

WTF is going on here? Villareal have been persistently fouling but as soon as we started to put a tackle in the yellows come out. Not that we've been particularly good that half Worrel and Flanagan are hopeless and Goldson and Tav aint much better. We've not won one header in the middle of the park from McGregors clearances and our passing is all overt the place. 

Edited by Big Jaws

I felt were were comfortable until that sending off.  The first yellow card was a joke. The second was never a yellow either but he shouldn't have put himself in that position.  The referee wouldn't have given him that second yellow if he'd realised he'd already been booked.

Edited by Gaffer

Just now, Gaffer said:

I felt were were comfortable until that sending off.  The first yellow card wad a joke. The second was never a yellow either but he shouldn't have put himself in that position.  The referee wouldn't have given him that second yellow if he'd realised he'd already been booked.

... he took pains not to book Costa near the end, after he floored Candeias for his first yellow and then laid his hands clearly on Morelos to bring him down.

Rapid got an incorrect goal against us (clearly offside), we got a good one against Spartak wiped off the scoreboard, and now this. How many inept referees and linesmen can you get per season?

FFS! I think everyone needs to calm down a wee bit! all our players are pish???, I hope the players show more composure & patience in the 2nd half than our fans do!. 

No way was that a yellow card for Candeias, the ref fucked it up. We need to pull together if we are to get a result tonight.

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It was never, ever a yellow card for Candeias.

I think he jumped in with a lot of adrenaline and it looked he’d stood on the player deliberately but on seeing it again he didn’t really make much contact so I agree it wasn’t a yellow. But you can tell from the way he needlessly jumped in that he was going after the player.