The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

31 minutes ago, DMAA said:

At 60k a week it’s his only option. Even assuming we manage to pay as much as 20k, he’d be sacrificing about £640k. There aren’t many people who wouldn’t just sit around for a few months for that kind of money. 

He’s made over £20 million if he’s been on £60k a week for 6 years, not including endorsements etc.

At his age he may want game time rather than sitting doing nothing, regardless of lost wages.

For example, Kevin Thomson offered his services to  McCoist and Said “salary won’t be an issue, I just want to help the club”.  Ally told him he’d just signed Ian Black.  Thomson signed for Hibs and played for free.  And Davis has made far more money in his time than Thomson.

For some it becomes about playing, not earning.

5 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

I would hope its hugely significant. 

Agreed

6 month loan for Davis would be perfect.

An 18 month contract on a lot of money for a 34 year old who hasn't played much recently is another gamble on a player who we know could do it but aren't sure if he's up to what we expect.

Some will say that circumstances make the gamble worthwhile, only time would tell. 

I believe this window is going to be the decisive factor regarding our title ambitions. Perhaps the most important January window the club have ever dealt in considering all that has come before.  

23 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Need to seperate my posts of opinion & what it being reported, so neither were at ‘training’ & I was merely trying to discuss like anyone else - I’ll try be more clear! 

For example if I say someone is definitely signing & it’s itk info I’ll say ?

Fwiw I have heard the Davis deal is looking good, 18months, year option & free transfer & should happen in time for going to tenerife on Jan break 

So we will see! 

Happy New Year folks 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3693303/steven-davis-rangers-agree-18-month-deal-principle/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1546382297

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

I would imagine celtc will spend tens of millions this window. 

Anything else would be job losing risky for several at their club. 

I doubt if they’ll have tens of millions.

Failure to reach the CL group stages with a £60m wage bill will hit them hard. 

Rangers winning the league this year could have serious financial implications for them

9 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Article talks about 12K per week.

On that supposed figure, SD would be losing well into 7 figures on the next 6 months but would get a further years contract worth over 600K.

You wonder if a heavy bonus may be on offer if we were to win the title.

Numbers apart, the most important thing is if SD still has it in his legs to be what we want him to be.

32 minutes ago, buster. said:

Article talks about 12K per week.

On that supposed figure, SD would be losing well into 7 figures on the next 6 months but would get a further years contract worth over 600K.

You wonder if a heavy bonus may be on offer if we were to win the title.

Numbers apart, the most important thing is if SD still has it in his legs to be what we want him to be.

At 12k a week I’m a convert on Davis. I wasn’t as sure as others but at that cost I can get excited about what he should bring. 

We've struggled when we have all the possession this season and Davis played alongside Jack should bring much more passing ability to our midfield which I think has been terribly lacking for most of the season. That would leave only one naturally defensive player in our midfield which is what it should be in the vast majority of our games. The technical ability in the team isn’t as high as it should be and I can get excited about a player with more creativity and more precision in his passing playing in that deeper role. 

Edited by DMAA

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

At 12k a week I’m a convert on Davis. I wasn’t as excited as others but at that cost I can get excited about what he should bring. 

We've struggled when we have all the possession this season and Davis played alongside Jack should bring much more passing ability to our midfield which I think has been terribly lacking for most of the season. That would leave only one naturally defensive player in our midfield which is what it should be in the vast majority of our games. The technical ability in the team isn’t as high as it should be and I can get excited about a player with more creativity and more precision in his passing playing in that deeper role. 

If quoted numbers are correct, whoever talked him into going from 60K to 12K has a silver tongue and is as far away from the Sunbed man of Bain methodology as you can get :D